Peco Track

I was looking into getting some Peco track and wanted find out if it's a good product or should I not bother with it.
Thanks for any info.
Dave

steamhead

Hi...I use a combination of Atlas flex track and Peco turnouts on my layout....and couldn't be more pleased. I had used a mish-mash of everything in my previous layouts but decided that for the new one I would only use Peco turnouts. I haven't had a SINGLE problem that I can attribute to the turnouts. As for their flex track...I haven't any experience with it, but if it's as good as their turnouts, it should work as well....BTW...I use Code 100.

dwight77

Hi: At our club, we have used both Atlas and Peco Flex track. Both seem to work well. The only slight advantage that we have found with the Atlas track are the small holes that are pre-drilled in the center of the ties about every 8-10 ties. When you are bending the flex track and want to pin it in place before glueing, the pre-drilled holes are a nice convenience and help you keep the track positioned along a center line. The Peco is not pre-drilled so you have to use more pins around the track to hold it in place. We use Peco Insulfrog (we are DCC) turnouts exclusively.
dwight77

Jim Krause

Our club is in the process of replacing all of the atlas switches on our layout with PECO. The operation of the PECO's is so much better. I am using PECO flex track and switches on an On30 module that I'm building at home and so far , everything is going great.

Pooh Bah
My layout is almost all Peco track, a mixture of Code 100 and code 75, and varying ages back to 1969 (or maybe earlier). I've used it almost since it came out in the early 60s. Do I sound satisfied?
The only problems I've had are some bits that wore down and some of the early switches that were built to coarse standard.
I don't mind no holes in the ties as I don't like to pin them down that way.

steamhead

Another note...I use electrofrogs to avoid the hassle of powering the frog, since I use a lot of smaller steamers, this is always a good thing to have. I also use DCC...

RobertInOntario

Much of my 4x6 layout uses Peco track. Their flex track is good and their turnouts are excellent. I had derailment problems with my Atlas (and other brands) turnouts, but these disappeared once I changed them to Peco. I think it's worth paying the few extra $$$ to buy Peco track. I discovered this the hard way when I had to replace some switches and track after the layout was completed.

I also have a few Hornby turnouts and some Atlas flex track, but the quality of Peco is noticeably better.

Rob