PDF parts

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cardmodeler, Apr 13, 2007.

1. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

I have a kit that is in PDF format and I need to duplicate some botched parts. Is it possible to print only a portion of a page? I hate to waste expensive ink on parts I don't need. Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

I have a kit that is in PDF format and I need to duplicate some botched parts. Is it possible to print only a portion of a page? I hate to waste expensive ink on parts I don't need. Any help would be much appreciated.
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Do you have Adobe Photoshop or any other Adobe programs? Photoshop will open and allow PDF editing (as an image, not text.)
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Do you have Adobe Photoshop or any other Adobe programs? Photoshop will open and allow PDF editing (as an image, not text.)
  5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Or try pdf995. It is a free (nagware) printer driver which converts to image.
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Or try pdf995. It is a free (nagware) printer driver which converts to image.
  7. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Yes, I have Photoshop Elements, I believe it's called. I will give that a try. Thanks a lot for the help>:)
  8. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Yes, I have Photoshop Elements, I believe it's called. I will give that a try. Thanks a lot for the help>:)
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Elements is what I have on my laptop. She'll git-r-done for ya!!!
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Elements is what I have on my laptop. She'll git-r-done for ya!!!
  11. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Acrobat reader can print ' current view '. Use the magnify tool to select the part(s) you want to print. From the file menu select 'print'. In the print dialog box select 'Current View' and 'Print Scaling' to none.
  12. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Acrobat reader can print ' current view '. Use the magnify tool to select the part(s) you want to print. From the file menu select 'print'. In the print dialog box select 'Current View' and 'Print Scaling' to none.
  13. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Another method is to use the snapshot tool to draw a box around the item(s) you want to print. Reader will say "copied to clipboard". Select print, and there will be a "selected graphic" option. This prints at 100% no matter what scale you have the view zoomed to. Note that this doesn't work if selecting graphics is not allowed in the pdf properties (like in a Trotskiy file), then you have to use the current view method B-Maniac described.

Scott K.
  14. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Another method is to use the snapshot tool to draw a box around the item(s) you want to print. Reader will say "copied to clipboard". Select print, and there will be a "selected graphic" option. This prints at 100% no matter what scale you have the view zoomed to. Note that this doesn't work if selecting graphics is not allowed in the pdf properties (like in a Trotskiy file), then you have to use the current view method B-Maniac described.

Scott K.
  15. catalin

catalin Member

there is a program: PDF Editor. i have 2.4 version. it's really good. you delete, aply stickers, colors, etc.. it's about all that keeps to pdf editing.

catalin
  16. catalin

catalin Member

there is a program: PDF Editor. i have 2.4 version. it's really good. you delete, aply stickers, colors, etc.. it's about all that keeps to pdf editing.

catalin