PDF part printing problem has me perplexed

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cardmodeler, Apr 14, 2007.

1. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Why is it that when I print out a PDF file once, the parts come out a certain size on the paper, everything looks as it seems it should, then if I try to print it again at a later time the parts are bigger. I goofed up a couple of parts on a model and now I can't reprint new ones to the same size. What am I doing wrong?:(
  2. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Why is it that when I print out a PDF file once, the parts come out a certain size on the paper, everything looks as it seems it should, then if I try to print it again at a later time the parts are bigger. I goofed up a couple of parts on a model and now I can't reprint new ones to the same size. What am I doing wrong?:(
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Is it possible that you scaled it down inadvertantly the first time?

You could scale down small incriments at a time until you get it?
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Is it possible that you scaled it down inadvertantly the first time?

You could scale down small incriments at a time until you get it?
  5. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

I hate to appear stupid, but I don't know how to change the scale when I print something out.:???:
  6. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

I hate to appear stupid, but I don't know how to change the scale when I print something out.:???:
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Don't feel stupid I haven't figured that out either. I would gladly take instruction. I have been using XNView to rip out the pictures and then re-size then to fit properly, especially for those pesky A-4 sizes that i can't get.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Don't feel stupid I haven't figured that out either. I would gladly take instruction. I have been using XNView to rip out the pictures and then re-size then to fit properly, especially for those pesky A-4 sizes that i can't get.
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Easy peasy

Hope you have it figured out already, but if not, when you hit print in Acrobat Reader 6 and up (I have version 7) you see this dialog . I've indicated the areas related to scaling. It's likely that you printed with one setting the first time, and now have something different selected.

Also, see the discussion in this thread - http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7956
  10. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Easy peasy

Hope you have it figured out already, but if not, when you hit print in Acrobat Reader 6 and up (I have version 7) you see this dialog . I've indicated the areas related to scaling. It's likely that you printed with one setting the first time, and now have something different selected.

Also, see the discussion in this thread - http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7956