Payment and file transfer options

MOS95B

I used to work for an online e-commerce company. Bank transfers from the US can be kinda pricey. I guess it's our banks way of suggesting we use their credit card instead... :cry:

I have yet to buy a model, though. Too many excellent free models for me to leech... I mean, ummm, uh, practice with so far. But, I have been really tempted to buy a few of the downloadables I have seen. I too hate to wait, and would hate the idea that I would destroy a hard copy with a slip of the scissors.... So I'm gonna vote with the PayPal, PDF, A4/letter crowd....

R

RyanShort1

What file hosting/ downloading sites have you seen that you like?

I'm getting closer to getting this set up, and I'm looking for options.

Ryan

Paypal for me,works great, sometimes creditcard, PDF,A4 (I'm from Europe)
I ordered once from Gremir, they have a very clever protection, but I'm on a Mac, so could only get it trough my friendly neigbour's PC
Cheers, Billy

46rob

Paypal--by far my favorite for any web purchases--pdf downloads are good--although I don't mind the wait for hard copies. Priority mail within the US is the best bet for delivery...first class or parcel post can take a while and get bashed around. From overseas or Canada--airmail. Don't mind paying the extra pastage if it protects and hastens delivery.

R

RyanShort1

Ok. What I'm really looking for is a secure delivery system. I'm planning on using Paypal, but am not sure how to protect the files from people sharing links and downloading them for free. I know it'll happen some anyway, but I'd like to prevent some.

Ryan

R

RyanShort1

Ok. Due to some PMs I've gotten I'd better explain some more. I'm looking to find a way for a customer to purchase the file via paypal, and automate it to where either I email, or a program sends an email to the customer to a link where they can download the file for 2 days, or a certain amount of tries. I will take care of the customer service end as I have no intention of cheating anyone. So I'm looking for a way to have the downloads available, with less bandwidth useage for me, and where cheats can't send the link to all of their friends and download it out the wazoo for free.

Ryan

C

cgutzmer

Dewayne uses a system similar to that but I think he needs to upload the purchases for download by the customer.... unsure of exactly how he does it. If you are looking for fully automated you will likely have to design a custom web solution.
Chris

catalin

i want to ask something that it's not exactly tied to the thread idea...

how many magazines did modelik made, until now?
thank you

catalin