Payment and file transfer options

R

RyanShort1

How do you prefer to pay for and receive cardmodels you are purchasing? I'm interested in knowing what you like, and don't like.

Ryan

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
My personal preference is to use PayPal to handle payment.

Things I don't like is when I'm required to create an account at the store to purchase anything. I'm also not fond of the different "free file transfer" services since they often carry some unwanted additions....

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
BARX2 said:
I prefer to pay with Paypal and download the model as a PDF file.

Edit: And I'd like the model to be formatted for U.S. Letter size (8-1/2" X 14") - if that's not asking too much. :wink:

I agree with you about Paypal & downloable pdf but, prefer 8.5x11 inch. I don't like to wait . . . who does?

R

rickstef

I prefer the model to fit both A4 and letter size paper, sitting square in the page, and being able to pay with paypal is a bonus

Rick

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
I prefer to pay by either Paypal or credit card, and receive it as a download. Preferably in A4/letter size, and ( a pet peeve of mine ) *unlocked* so that I can recolour it as I want.

R

RyanShort1

Do you prefer to download from a site, or receive an email attachment?

Ryan

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Ditto all of the others................paypal, PDFs, unlocked is nice............but as Ash has pointed out to me many times.........I seem to be getting forgetful lately, yeah right..........

but as Ash has pointed out to me many times............I seem to be getting............. wow it's Deja Vue all over again.:grin:

Unlocking is not that much of a problem............. did I say Ash keeps pointing out something to me:cry:

john

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......... really doesn't matter, but going to a site I always seem to find other things that I just GOTTA have!

john

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Rick.............. I owe you a picture. I'll email you one when I get home. :twisted:

And I forgot to congratulate use on the 1/72 SeaFury recolor that you did, it look very familar!:grin:

john

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
Hi John,

I can't take much credit for Chris's Seafury, I only gave him some photos of the RCN version, and tweaked the roundels for him. The revised version is now up on his site if you don't have it already.

I know someone gave some advice on dealing with locked pdfs but as they say the memory is the second thing to go, and buggered if I can recall the first... :)

Regards,
Rick

smyfe

Dec 29, 2006
Stourbridge, West Midlands UK
All been great so far

Being quite a newbie I've been going mad, bought models from a few of the sellers on this forum, Nobi, Paperaircraftwerks, Shoki2000 and a few from Dewayne, and all have been via paypal. These have all been very easy purchases of great models and I hope to deal with each and everyone of them again. Keep up the great work folks.
Mick. :-D :-D :-D

Teamds

Nov 1, 2004
Northern California
PayPal for PDF download purchases, though the within 72 hours thing is not fun. PayPal for printed material from site's I've purchased from before and Credit card for 1st time ourchases for printed and download.

I prefer Pay Pal as my payment method of choice. It's a fast, secure, free, product guaranteed, transfer of funds. Can't get much better than that.

As far as delivery is concerned I like the convenience of downloadable pdf's pretty well and use it all the time.
A lot of the delivery method is dependent on the model though.
When it comes to a higher quality product such as a good Modelik model, and most definately Halinski or Shipyard, I definitely want to have a hard copy.
Even if they sold download kits, I wouldn't buy one. I like having the hard copy for it's high quality print registration and top quality paper.
I have a fairly decent printer but a professional print is far superior to anything I can produce!

As far as delivery of a hard copy, I prefer Priority mail. It's fast and rarely, if ever, does the box show any sign of damage and definitely not the contents.
They seem to take excellent care of priority mail, so it is pretty much a worry free method.

Russell

catalin

Feb 4, 2007
in romania, we don't have paypal :(( i'm really sorry, esspecially when i saw models from modelik8) ... and the new renault f1 :(

i'd really like to buy one of these, and i haven't found any way until now :(

catalin

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
catalin said:
in romania, we don't have paypal :(( i'm really sorry, esspecially when i saw models from modelik8) ... and the new renault f1 :(

i'd really like to buy one of these, and i haven't found any way until now :(

catalin

Modelik doesn't use Paypal (I don't think it's available in Poland yet) - if you look on their site (www.modelik.pl) you can purchase direct from Modelik and use bank transfer to send the purchase price.

From the Modelik web site:

"Orders can be placed by email sent to biuro@modelik.pl Please make a list of the models and write down your contact details: name, address, postcode, country. We will send you a quote and bank details where the payment should be sent to. The order will be dispatched as soon as the money arrive at the bank account."

Regards,

Charlie