pavariangoo's first post. Track plan question.

Im pavariangoo!

Apr 13, 2005
Hi

Many of you will know me from another forum but i have just discovered this forum. I am pavariangoo from www.trains.com and already i have seen lots of the same people on this website so i thought i would register here.

Here goes

I am currently in the process of building n scale benchwork for an expandable 2x6 or 3x4. Either is possible and i am looking for possible track plans.

I have looked at plans from www.atlasrr.com, www.thortrains.com and many others.

I cannot find a plan i like. I laid track but then ripped it up so i am looking for a plan with shunting and continuos running. Maybe somebody could post a picture of one or photo's of their layout.

I will be modelling steam and diesels,nothing modern.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Pavariangoo

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
If you have looked at many plans, such as the ones on the Thor Trains site and the Atlas site, and decided you didn't like them, it might be time to make up your own. It sounds like you know what you want in a plan (a continuous loop as well as some switching/shunting) which should help guide your track planning.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge. Don't know if you noticed, but we have a forum here dedicated to track planning. Why don't you check it out, maybe there's a few ideas there you can chew on. Nothing wrong with posting here, just that there are other spots to look as well. :thumb::thumb:

Glad to have you aboard.:wave::wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Like EZ said there is a lot of discussion of plans (as well as reports of frustration about plans!) in the track planning forum. A lot of folks post a sample plan and ask for feedback. I've seen a lot of great ideas generated this way and some members have taken the results back to their benchwork. :)
Good luck!
Ralph

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the Gauge Pavariangoo. For continous running you need as much radius for the curves as possible which I don't think you can fit into 2X6 so I would suggest the 3X4 as you would be much happier seeing trains run around a 15 "or better radius.