Passenger train help.

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
I am looking for a modern passenger train .

I am modeling present day and would like to get something that is common to Southern Ontario.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks
Tim K

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Tim: there are 4 types of common car in southern Ontario.
Budd stainless steel corrugated sides (Canadian-type). Model coaches like these are common.
LRC coaches. I think there are some expensive kits for these.
GO doubledeckers. Athearn.
Renaissance cars. I think VIA has the complete collection of these. Can't say if there are any similar cars running in Europe.
You might find your best bet is an F40 with two or three Budd cars. The last one I saw had a long distance car (8100) and a short distance car (4000/4100).

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Tim, you could also use some Amtrak equipment, as there are Amtrak trains running between Niagara Falls and Toronto. These are all Amtrak equipment pulled by Amtrak diesels. The F-40s with Amfleet coaches were fairly common not that long ago, although I'm not too sure about nowadays. If this is of any interest, let me know, and I'll stroll down to the tracks (two blocks away) and try to get some pictures. At the present, it's cold and raining here, and the camera is not available, so you'll need to be patient. When the pictures are taken, I also need to wait to have someone them put on a cd.

Wayne

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
Thanks for the help guy's and thankyou Wayne for the offer very genrious , at this moment I really just want to see what is available to me so I don't really need any proto pics.

Thanks again

Tim K

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Athearn makes the General Electric AMD103 passenger diesel in HO. You can buy one and paint it up in VIA Rail's green-and-grey Renaissance paint scheme. Very nice-looking loco. Seen very often these days in Ontario.

Amtrak AMD103 Gennies are also common in the area south of the border.

Hope this helps!