Passenger Cars

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Jon:
Wabash 403 looks like a Penn Line combine. They made a matching coach (I think) and a couple of streamliners. The dies went somewhere else (Model Power?) and were reused for years.
The RPO looks like an Athearn.
You should be able to match most of these cars in your LHS.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
that first one has got me stumped. But I like it.
Is the second one all wood or are the sides stamped sheet metal with cast ends?
The Indiana and Ohio coach is a Rivarrossi (AHM).
Bill is right about the open end cars and David is right about the Athearn RPO and the Pennline combine. Life/Like got the molds, attached is a photo of their version.
I'd say the RDC is an Athearn ATT also offered an RDC, I assume it was manufactured for them by Athearn. (could be wrong)

Attachments

• mar20009.jpg
    mar20009.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 77

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Originally posted by jon-monon
Ya, that one I wouldn't hack up. Also the RDC. Neither is probably worht much but both are neat and should be restored, or at least shelved. I have mixed emotions about the scratchbuilt doodlebug. It looks to be glued together, so it can't be serviced :confused: It runs, and I have two bachmann doodlebugs that look 100% better, so I might pull the mechy our and use one of the other bodies to make an interurban. Gee, Chris, should I power it from the tracks? Or the overhead? :D :D :D

Gasp!!!!!!!, gasp,gasp

P

philip

tool

Jon, From the looks of the first one it could possibly be a tool "master" because the windows are not punched out. Is it solid or is it pieced together? It could be a prototype that never panned out. Just a guess...maybe someone can shed some light on what its modeled after.

My second guess........A piggy bank.......with solid windows?

:thumb:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Clues on #1

I think #1 is the diamond in the rough. I would call it pieced together. As you can see from these detail shots, it is detailed quite nicely. Metal sides and ends and the roof and floor are wood. It seems one could open the door and walk right in!

Attachments

• 1-444.jpg
    1-444.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 57

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Jon:
the bolster with the clip in it was a part made by ?? I have a few in my collection. That is the female part of a dress snap inside the bolster. The truck would have a little brass bit with a round head to fit the snap a shoulder, and a threaded bit to go through the truck bolster and be held on with a nut.
For the life of me, I can't remember the name they had.
I remember the manufacturer commenting once about the thousands of male dress snaps they threw away before they found someone who would sell them just the half they wanted.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Now that I've had a closer look at the first car I would GUESS it is a very early Walthers car.
Up untill the early 70s Walthers used wood roofs, floors and underframe details, stamped tinplate sides and cast ends and steps. The platform railing looks identicle to ones in the 1974 Walthers catalog I have.
I've never seen a bolster like that before.