Passenger Cars

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I've been collecting these for a while, most bought for a couple of clams at the LHS, and a few come from afar, thanks to my good friend Paulius. I don't know anthing about most of these.

I'm hoping Ray or someone will tell me one is valuable and I can sell it and retire from the procedes.

This one is metal with very fine details.

Attachments

• 354.jpg
    354.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 224

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Cool Beans!

Neat stuff. I wonder if the "wood with bad paint" one is one of the old old Walthers kits? I think I saw an MDC Overton combine in there, too.

I'll give you NO MORE than seven million for the lot. :D

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Jon,

I can only speak to the open platform cars.....

The two white body/black roof cars (one with the body upside down!) are MDC/Roundhouse Overton cars.

The pukey green car with some spots of yellow and a gray roof, is an MDC/Roundhouse Overland car.

These are still available new, so may not be "collectable."

The Red car with scarred gray roof was a coach made by Pocher and sold (if I remember correctly) by AHM, perhaps 20 to 40 years ago.

I have some of each of these in various stages of bash.

BillS

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Thanks for the scoup, Bill. Now that Steve knows they are probably not worth $7M, I better plan on going to work on Monday. Good eye on the upsidedowner :D These are mostly in a state of disrepair, and so was I at the time I shot the pics ;ast night :eek:ops: I would be surprised to find any of them collectable, since most came from my LHS and I didn't pay much. I see a table saw blade in their future :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Ya, that one I wouldn't hack up. Also the RDC. Neither is probably worht much but both are neat and should be restored, or at least shelved. I have mixed emotions about the scratchbuilt doodlebug. It looks to be glued together, so it can't be serviced :confused: It runs, and I have two bachmann doodlebugs that look 100% better, so I might pull the mechy our and use one of the other bodies to make an interurban. Gee, Chris, should I power it from the tracks? Or the overhead? :D :D :D