Passenger car in N scale

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Hi all.

I want to model this car in N scale, but don't know which n scale car is the most similar. I'll strip it and repaint it, no problem. Who makes one like this in N scale?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1135.jpeg
    1135.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 251

Delamaize

Oct 14, 2004
Lacey, Wa.
it is going to take alot more than just stripping and repainting to get that one, but I agree with canandian, start with the concor heavyweight buisness car or a coach.

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Trucks outta gauge!

I bought two model power passenger cars at the train show ($8. each). They look nice, but the wheels are outta whack! They dont fit in the gauge of a switch or bridge guide rails. I removed them, and tried to replace them with micro trains wheels, but the truck is too wide for the wheels to fit! I guess I gotta buy new trucks all together! I can't seem to find the right one in the micro train truck conversion kits. Help! In the prototype pic, do these look like 4 axel trucks? I assumed they were 6 axles, but they look like four axels. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• santa fe.jpg
    santa fe.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 147

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
2 axel trucks!

I thought so! Thanks for confirming that!

With that being the case, which Micro-train trucks should I replace them with? The original model power trucks "snapped" into place, no screws, or push pins. Or should I make a whole new floor myself?

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
I'd consider making a new floor since you can get closer to the prototype while you're there.

Replacing those clip-on trucks can be a bear, but I believe that the MTL 6 wheel truck conversion (available in silver or black; obviously you want black) has some extra parts that can be used to fill the offending hole in the MP floor suitably to use the supplied MTL truck pin. Failing that, you can fill the hole with a solid rod and drill for the proper size hole.

This is all if I recall the configuration of the MP passenger car correctly; I got rid of all of mine quite some time ago so I don't have one to look at.