Parts for Bachmann and Life Like engines

midwayusa

Anyone know where I can come up with some truck side covers for a Bachmann U36-B and GP-40 N scale? I contacted Bachmann today and they had none. Also looking for a Rapido coupler with a longer stem on it for the GP-40. The short stem ones interfere with the shell and the trucks can't make the turns without derailing. I'd like to find another Santa Fe blue and yellow GP-40 complete shell as well. The road number on mine is 3500.
Also have what I believe to be a Life-Like SD7/9 that has good running gear but the shell is in terrible shape. The only Life Like shell shown is in Union Pacific. I have a call and e-mail in to Walthers but they haven't gotten back to me.

These are items I bought on E-Bay for my 4 year old and just trying to get them in good shape.

midwayusa

As I stated in my post I have already contacted Bachmann by phone and they have none of these parts.

I've been to the website a million times and they don't have a parts listing on there. They want you to contact them by e-mail and they are so busy they don't get back to you.

midwayusa

Here is one of the engines I am looking for truck side covers for.

u36b.jpg

Ray Marinaccio

Sideframes from a Bachmann F7 will interchange with the U36-B.
Finding a junker for parts would be your best bet if no one has a set laying around.