part of my track wont work

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I think the problem could be that the track circut is shorting out. Do any turnouts branch off and rejoin facing the opposite direction?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Just thought of something else, Is there something that got spilled on the track or is it dirty and maybe just needs to be cleaned.

try taking a pair of ruber handeld pliers and place loco on the dead track place pliers on one side of the jaw on live joint/rail and place the other jaw on the dead rail/joint or pich you connectors together.

Russ Bellinis

mr. bubbles said:
yes some track turnes out then rejoins in the other direction, and the track worked before
Welcome to the Gauge mr bubbles.
What do you mean by "It worked before." Did it work with the track in this configuration or did it work before you put the reversing track in? With two rail dc, any track that reverses the direction of the train will create a short. To make it work you need to use indsulated rail joiners, with a double pole double throw switch to reverse the polarity while the train is in the reversing section. If you can draw a picture of your track plan, we could probably help you more with the problem.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thank-you Russ

I was trying to say that but I was not sure how to say it.

I think that's the problem though.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
railroader9731 said:
try taking a pair of ruber handeld pliers and place loco on the dead track place pliers on one side of the jaw on live joint/rail and place the other jaw on the dead rail/joint or pich you connectors together.

Thats exactly what i was going to suggest.