Paper to Plastic Star Trek Enterprise.

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by CJTK1701, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

only shoes you will hear dropping are mine, when i kick them off to relax and read your progress.

Sir?

now you making me feel old

Rick
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You don't know how much this means. I've felt like I was persona non grata, for quite awhile now.

As for the "Sir", I'm 44 and that's the way I was brought up. They don't teach kids those things now days.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Without further ado, here are some more updates. These pictures look really rough, but I wanted to show the "Down and Dirty" look of everything. If anyone tried to do what I'm doing, I didn't want them to be discouraged, when things didn't look right.

Some of the Bondo phase.
    [​IMG]

A coat of primer and it still looks like a mud pie.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the lower half of the saucer section looks really rouhg.
    [​IMG]

More parts coming together.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the saucer.
    [​IMG]

Here's another comparison shot. On the left you can see the 1/1000th offering from Polar Lights and on the right you can see the 22" AMT Enterprise.
    [​IMG]
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

See CJ.......... told you we are different here!

Thanks for show off this idea of yours.......... heck you just might inspire some of us to give it a go!

Well, maybe after I finish that one man boat I started the beginning of the summer:grin:

john
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yes, you are. This seems to be one of the most friendly and adult forums I've been to.

Tell me about it. I've got a 65 Galaxy that's supposed to be in the garage, up on blocks, but instead I'm making models........:cry:
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here are a couple of shots, to show the difference a little primer makes. Though these pieces may look close to being done, they are far from it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I'm glad to see that you at least have your priorities in order!:grin:

Russell
  8. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

It's looking really good. Have you got any of the parts back from the former?

Todd
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, really! I could have had the Galaxie half done by the end of Winter, but noooooooo........ I had to prove I could do this.:twisted:
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've got some lovely pictures, but as yet no parts. I'm anxiously waiting, though. The pictures I have show everything. There are some pictures that I can't show, because the guys that are helping me out do not want to be identified.

These parts are as thick and as strong as the parts from Polar Lights.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

only the names have been changed to protect the innocent................:grin:

Man you guys must have really caught seven different ways of heck! I'm glad you found us so you faith in man, nature and the internet could be saved!:grin:

All kidding aside, this is really neat and I'm glad you are showing us and did find our little slice of heaven!

john
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I and an associate caught all of the, you know. So, some others just want to protect thier name and not get involved. Yes, we've had a rough road and I honestly can't fathom why anyone would go to the links that some have, to shut me down.

I've been lied on, lied to, shut down, called a recaster, had threads shut down, told I couldn't post, had threads deleted..... I've recieved harrassing e-mails and PM's. I've had people want to go into business with me and for me to tell my business partner to hit the road. It's been insane and unbelievable. I guess it was wrong of me to tell some joker that I didn't want his help and I didn't want his input, that I would do this myself. There are some it seems who only recieve joy in causing trouble.

I am so happy to have found this place, you can't believe. It's nice to be on an adult forum, with nice, friendly, helpfull people. This place is like a breath of freash air, after being overcome by the fumes of jealousy.

But, I wax poetic.
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Umm, is this like Adult Swim? i hated that as a kid

How does one wax poetic? i thought one could only wax cars, wax skis, wax surfboards, and wax on and wax off?

Rick
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Dont need to hear about your waxing off Rick :p

Glad you managed to make it through the hard times cj looking forward to the build!
    Chris
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Free art, for the taking. Merry Christmas.

Since everyone here has been so friendly and since it's the season, I thought I would share some of my art work with you. Some of it is sketch work, some of it is CG and some of it is a combination of different media.

You're welcome to use this stuff in anyway you see fit. I don't copyright my artwork, because it seems silly to copyright something that is the property of Paramount. Most of this is Trek stuff, but it all came from me.

Please wait for the images to load.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow.......... I see some future desktop wallpapers!:twisted:
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Use them for what ever you like. Glad you like em. There's about six years of stuff there, but I've got a boatload more. I plan on having an art section on my forum and website, but I'm for sure going to have a "Paper Model" forum.:grin:
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here are a couple more update pics. I've been going through and trying to get the presentation a little more organized, in order for the build up process to make sense.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I made some sectional lines, before I cast the separate parts.
    [​IMG]

This shows the first half cast of the engineering section.
    [​IMG]

Here are both halves. This allowed me to cast the half sections to make vacuum forming bucks.
    [​IMG]

Again, these are the engineering halves, created from the casts that came from the above molds.
    [​IMG]

Here's a preliminary look at the decals. Please note, Alan Sinclair was kind enough to do the decals for the USS Sinclair and I've used those and other sources to create the complete decal set and windows masks.
    [​IMG]
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Another Kit for 1/350th Scale. Daedalus.

I'd like to take this time to show another ship, that we have on our list of new releases.

The 1/350th Daedalus. This ship is 80% complete. It will be fully lightable and have several versions of decals included.

We're still working on the specifics, but we'd like to show you now.

Here are a couple of shots of the developement process.

We're Refining everything on the USS Sinclair, our name for the 1/350th Enterprise/Constitution vessel. We'd also like to note that you will be able to build all of the versions of the ship, when it come time to be released. The Two different Pilot versions and the Production versions. We've delayed release until the ship is up to the standard of a professional built kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please tell me what you think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.