Paper dolls... The best I've seen so far!

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
http://www.cardmodel.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=272&extra=page=1

Just came across the above page, well, it's those Rozen Maidens done with the use of fillers and paints, and some modifications.

20070730_7ae5faaee4d3f60d48a1gMlNKBMf29wv.jpg

--Impressive isn't it:mrgreen:?

M

Mark_1984

They sure are impressive. If you put Nezard's link into Google translation tools, well, I really hope there are some mis translations there...... that's all I can say...... It's as good as some of the funny signs I've seen in Asia
sign1

elf

Oct 4, 2005
on the earth
i watched the series but there are two i dont remember ....but anyways....where can i find them....i would love to build them i loved the show

laruru

If I'm not mistaken, all of them are from Mizuirogakuen's site (now closed, and replaced with a spanking brand new suiraku, ask Lex he knows more than I do :p).

frankly, I don't really like rozen maiden the series. But I love the dolls! They are very much fussy and cranky.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Laruru's right, those models are not available on internet any more.

Frankly, these models are the reason I was introduced to the RM series in the first place... ^^

elf

Oct 4, 2005
on the earth
awww ....they look really good but thank you anyways does anyone know where i can find a good huminoid figure for me to try my hand on....im looking for something more complicated than what i have been working on and thats been the yamaha motercycles....i figured a doll would be more interesting since it has wants soft curves not flat shapes and simple tubes

laruru

i figured a doll would be more interesting since it has wants soft curves not flat shapes and simple tubes

It'll be a trip of joyride, that I can tell!
And don't forget the hair! Agonizing, yet compelling!
I made a slight mistake when making hinaichigo doll, which turned into a crumpled piece of art, instead a cute doll. sign1 I had to reprinted all over.

for the humanoid-ness place... hmm... I'm at lost. all my bookmarks are most about robots and cars.

elf, have you checked your mailbox?

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
i figured a doll would be more interesting since it has wants soft curves not flat shapes and simple tubes
Well actually models designed with Pepakura is pretty angular in effect. It's common for simple dolls to have very "pointed" folding edges, it's only when you go into the more complicated ones (like mizuirogakuen) that the model becomes smoothly curved.

And Bill thanks for the link! That's a very complicated figurine there...

bill516

Sep 28, 2005
Sheffield UK
I believe Mizuirogakuen used pepakura for his models and made with or without fold lines. My avatar is Verdandi by Mizuirogakuen and rolled instead of folded. Noname attached is also rolled instead of folded, both printed onto ordinary paper.

Bill

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 001a.jpg
    Picture 001a.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
P

paulhbell

I've made a couple of these models and I would agree with bill, use ordinary paper, i.e. 80gsm. It's easier to bend the paper to get smooth curves and with the paper being thinner the edges don't show up as much.

I started Verdandi by Mizuirogakuen (pic included), but other projects sort of took over. I'm hoping to get back on with it soon.

Attachments

• DSCF0032.jpg
    DSCF0032.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 14
dont know if it helps but i use a clay modeling tool that has a sort of bulge on the end and it works great for working complex curves out ive used it to make almost flawless domes... perhaps a large bead on the end of a length of dowel would have the same effect

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Now I find it's easier to paint the face after making it... Although this is a bit cheating but that gives the best result for me...

bill516

Sep 28, 2005
Sheffield UK
Paul

I've built Verdandi twice. When I built the first one I made the head the same way you are, when I came to fit the hair I had a cursing and swearing job of trying to get the hair tabs to stick. For the second one I left the bottom of the chin off until I had fitted the hair. This made life a tad easier when to fitting the hair, as this gives you a hole to get inside the head to press the tabs of the hair down. Then stick the bottom of the chin on afterwards.

I dont know if it was me but I also found that one lower arm and one lower leg were slightly different diameters than the upper portions. For the second one I rolled the parts into a tube but glued the end tabs into the upper parts before glueing the seam of the tube this ensured that I did not have to fit a one inch tube intio a two inch hole so to speak if you get what I mean init.

Bill

P

paulhbell

Thanks for the tips bill. Thats why I love this forum, great people.