Paper Dio - Regroup and Refuel!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by stackw, Nov 8, 2007.

1. stackw

stackw Highly Dangerous Mind...

Well well...
    It's been a while since I've registered in this forum. I must say I am enjoying a lot to be here with all of you, people I considere a kind of "guides" in paper modelling.

A short time ago, I started making a diorama (a scene, to be sincere) to re-train my hands to work with paper, and decided to ambience it in one of the fictional universes that marked my childhood: Starblazers.

Once the original card models from bandai are very rare, very expensive and very difficult to find, I used the "demos" from the series website (1:72 scale) to do my work and scaled the down to 1/120 making the Cosmo Zero and the Black Tiger very small.

The project began with a PVC board, gifted me by my (lovelly, comprehensive and patient) wife, as "sommething that you can use better than me".

The board was cut in four pieces of different sizes, in order to make two different walls, a floor and a mezzaninno (don know how to say this in english, its a half-second floor).

As it was to be an star cruiser hangar, I have printed four different textures to make the walls, he floor and, most important, the fighter slots.

The results follow:

The first experiences (and failures):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paper offset 75g/m²: nice to print. terrible for modelling. Lets use the bigger guy, Opaline 180g!

Doin´ it right:
    The new ground, texturized and glued to the pvc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The walls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One elevator:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two floors together
    [​IMG]

The Columns supporting the second floor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and, as a pilot is a pilot anywhere, a picture of 'that-radar-cute' (Mori Yuki, guess she was called Nova in the English Version) in the column....
    [​IMG]

...and the 'not-so-cute-anymore' (Ruri Hoshino, from Nadesico) picture thrown away
    [​IMG]

as we have mechanics, they must have some reference to keep the ship working!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An Overview:
    [​IMG]

And, of course, Its an hagar, dammit! we need planes!!!!!
    this is the first one of ten. I've created sauqad patches for three wings: the foxes, the dragons and.. the Kitties!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, for now, that's it!
    Hope you like. Once I have finished the ANS Victorious Beta, I'll finish this one.
    =)
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

That's coming together really nicely, I can't wait to see more, keep up the good work!

mezzaninno = mezzanine in english, close enough is good enough :)
  3. Kjev

Kjev Member

The plane looks awesome!

K'Jev
    8)
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Love it! Thanks for the pics :)
    Chris
  5. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Wow! Professor!!!!!

Great textures have everything to be a beautiful dio!!! :);)

Professor = Teacher hehehehehehe!