Palais des Papes, Avignon - L'Instant Durable

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by alang, Sep 19, 2005.

1. alang

alang Member

2. alang

alang Member

3. J.L.

J.L. Member

Wonderful!

Hi Alan,
    Oh, it is so nice to see another architectural modeller on the site! What a wonderful job you have done with L'Instant Durable's model. This one is not in my collection yet, but it's days are numbered. You must detail spots if any, that presented difficulties. I understand it is built in segments and then joined together. I have read a point about some parts requiring reinforcement to prevent racking and warping.
    Great Model.
    If this is your first model, you chose a difficult one but mastered it artfully!
    John
  4. J.L.

J.L. Member

Wonderful!

Hi Alan,
    Oh, it is so nice to see another architectural modeller on the site! What a wonderful job you have done with L'Instant Durable's model. This one is not in my collection yet, but it's days are numbered. You must detail spots if any, that presented difficulties. I understand it is built in segments and then joined together. I have read a point about some parts requiring reinforcement to prevent racking and warping.
    Great Model.
    If this is your first model, you chose a difficult one but mastered it artfully!
    John
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Alan! :D

Congratulations!

Although I haven't built any architectual models yet, I know from looking at your photos that this build shows a great deal of extremely fine work and excellent craftsmanship for which you should be justly proud.

I love seeing such models posted and am amazed by what you, John and others do in such small scales. The close-up shots show the fineness of detail and neat construction which is truly inspiring. I'm glad you show in one of your photos on your home page a scale reference so we can really appreciate how superb a job this truly is!

Thanks for sharing photos of this amazing build with us!

Cheers!

Jim
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Alan! :D

Congratulations!

Although I haven't built any architectual models yet, I know from looking at your photos that this build shows a great deal of extremely fine work and excellent craftsmanship for which you should be justly proud.

I love seeing such models posted and am amazed by what you, John and others do in such small scales. The close-up shots show the fineness of detail and neat construction which is truly inspiring. I'm glad you show in one of your photos on your home page a scale reference so we can really appreciate how superb a job this truly is!

Thanks for sharing photos of this amazing build with us!

Cheers!

Jim
  7. alang

alang Member

John and Jim

Firstly, thank you for your kind remarks. I was quite pleased with the results, though as always there are plenty of "do better next time"s. I have often admired both your contributions to the forum.

I am afraid I may have inadvertently misled you John - this is far from my first model, but my first architectural model of significant complexity. I have done several simpler buildings from the web, and many other types of model, mostly space and road vehicles (though not boring old cars). Some, like Ralph Currell's N1 rocket and the Yamaha motorcycles, have been quite complex, and many I have built at reduced scale to make things more interesting.

I have added a page of notes to the website mentioned in my first post, mostly just a marginally cleaned-up and formatted copy of the jottings I made as the model progressed. It won't mean much unless you have the model kit in front of you, but if there is anything I can clarify, don't hesitate to ask.

Alan
  8. alang

alang Member

John and Jim

Firstly, thank you for your kind remarks. I was quite pleased with the results, though as always there are plenty of "do better next time"s. I have often admired both your contributions to the forum.

I am afraid I may have inadvertently misled you John - this is far from my first model, but my first architectural model of significant complexity. I have done several simpler buildings from the web, and many other types of model, mostly space and road vehicles (though not boring old cars). Some, like Ralph Currell's N1 rocket and the Yamaha motorcycles, have been quite complex, and many I have built at reduced scale to make things more interesting.

I have added a page of notes to the website mentioned in my first post, mostly just a marginally cleaned-up and formatted copy of the jottings I made as the model progressed. It won't mean much unless you have the model kit in front of you, but if there is anything I can clarify, don't hesitate to ask.

Alan
  9. k5083

k5083 Member

Gorgeous. I visited the Palais a few years ago and now I almost feel that I have been there again.
  10. k5083

k5083 Member

Gorgeous. I visited the Palais a few years ago and now I almost feel that I have been there again.
  11. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Alan,
    That is lovely.