Painting white styrafoam base??

aslan

May 16, 2006
Unfortunately, those of us CA can't find the pink stuff so I ended up using the white. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to paint this? I'd like to paint the whole thing brown but do I need a primer? Any help?
Thanks,
Stan

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
60103 said:
I've also felt that a bit of some sort of scenery base is useful to disguise the texture.
That's what I was thinking too. Cover it up with plaster cloth or just Wall Joint Compound to take away the smoothness and paint that.

Thoroughbreed said:
DO NOT use enamel or any oil base on styrofoam as it will melt it, simple chemical reaction.:thumb:

I learned that the hard way when I was buliding (I mean helping) my dauther with her castle for a school project.

A good way to cover that white styrofoam would be to use a box or two of Plaster of Paris, a the cheapest paper towels available.

announce1 There's a threat ( more of a totorial) I seen a couple of months ago about using Plaster of Paris in a salt shaker.

aslan

May 16, 2006
Just painted a sample with and without primer. Both came out great so now I've got some extra primer! LOL
Thanks for the help guys. :thumb:
Stan