Painting Large Scale Structure

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
My lovely wife has put me to work on a pet project of hers...painting a large scale structure.
The scale is 1:1...(I guess I should mention that we live in said structure ;) )
I really hate working in this scale!:mad:
It's too %$#@ed big, & it takes way too much time away from my 1:160 scale projects!
Why can't she see that? :rolleyes:
Anyway, my elbows hurt, my knees hurt, there's an acute pain in my big fat a##!
Any of you guys wanna switch to large scale? Come on over!
Just let me get back to my tweezers & Optivisor!:p

p.s. Last night while my wife was sleeping, I could've sworn I heard her mumbling something about, "We are the 1:1 Conspiracy...resistance is futile...:D ;) :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Charlie, The older I get the more convinced I become that some things are best left to those that do them for a living:D :D :D ie: painting, grass cutting, plumbing and etc.....Now if I could just hit the lottery I could afford to hire me some of those dudes!!!!!:D :D :D :p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I know what you're sayin' Vic...except that I don't know enough profanity to do my own plumbing! :D

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi:
I'm near the end of installing a scratch built Georgian entry on our house. This has eaten all of my train time for the past four weeks. Unless of course i want to model between the hours of 10-12 pm. I guess i could be modelling now but my hands are so sore i can hardly hit the "i" and "f" (ouch!) keys. It's a lot more expensive to model in 1:1.

My wife has been after me to finish this project up, it has been torn up for more than a year, since the painters did the exterior and i decided the home's front door was just too plain. I guess it's my own fault i'm stuck with this one!

I'll have to do an S-scale house now with a gee-orgian entry, i know EXACTLY how to put it together now!

Regards,
Ted

PS: you may have noticed in the above that i did have someone else paint my house. Took them 7 months and one year later i'm not thrilled with the results. Doing it yourself (ouch!) does have an upside.

PPS: For the rest of the night there will be no more "i"s or "f"s in my posts.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Ted...
I don't feel so all alone now! :)
You've also given me another idea...(the first one I had was, "Gosh honey, why would I want to paint over all that beautiful weathering?"...that one got me absolutely no where :D )
Now I think I'm going to tell her, "I think this painter you've got is doing a really lousy job...I think you should fire him & get somebody else!"
Well, waddiya think? Think it might work?
Yeah, right!:D :rolleyes: ;)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Charlie my friend, don't try and con the wife, I tried this for nearly 40 years with her and it don't work. Now on the other hand, -- if you tell her that you feel "ill with the paint", that works. :D:D
Sympathy comes streaming forth and she relents. (Well until she cottons on) :rolleyes:

Shamus

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Make a deal with her.....This weekend I paint.....next weekend I work on the railroad........OR...pray for rain. (This dosen't help much though for those inside projects)

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
you forgot about the (I don't know how to do that better get a a pro to do it) and pumbling you will find all the words to express yourself in no time at all and none of them you can say on tv or radio:D :D :D :D

ps does anyone have a backhoe I can use the wife wants to redo the flower beds next week so their goes my vaction

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Originally posted by rich maiorano
ps does anyone have a backhoe I can use the wife wants to redo the flower beds next week so their goes my vaction

Sounds like a good time to put in a garden scale layout to me!

Why have trains inside only when your wife is willing for you to play with the flower garden. Just let her know that the new layout is an "improvement" you forgot to mention to her. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Michael