Paintbrush streaks on roads...

Vic

I've had the same problem. Can't delete my own post(s). It used to work. Must be a glitch somewheres:(

jon-monon

That feature was turned off because if the first post in the thread is deleted, it takes all, which may not be desirable. You can just PM the moderator for the forum which has the post you want removed. Best to give him the url to the post. In the mean time, or if it's a useful thread which should not be deleted, the best thing to do is replace the text with a smiley, a frowny or a dot, as you did.

If you wish to change a title, that also requires a moderator's intervention.

shamus

Registered Member
Then don't forget to add tyre tracks down the road with a car at the end of it. Looks effective.
Shamus

CN1

:cool: Actually........

What I meant in the original post is this :rolleyes:

I made my road out of plaster (one day I'll post pics and make my life easier..). I put the top coat (Pavement color) on it with a paint brush, I noticed that the brush left streaks in the road :eek: (plaster and paint).

I thought about it for a while :confused: and I came up with the answer: Use a small roller to paint the road!!:D :thumb:

That's why I deleted the post cuz I found the answer right-away.

BTW If my pictures are on a CD rom, can I post them here? Or do I need a website?:confused:

:wave:

Pooh Bah
CN1:
You can do it either way. If you note on the index, some of the posts have a little paper clip symbol, which means that there is a picture from the-gauge site. Others don't and they MAY have a picture from some other site -- which can be larger than the-gauge allows.
Scroll down the "post reply" screen to where it says "Browse" and use that to find the picture on your disk.
Please check first that your picture is within the limits that the site allows. The CD that I get from my developer is way too large.

The method I use for Tarmac (Asphalt) roads is simple:
First I get some dark grey paint (Undercoat from the local DIY Store) and apply it liberally on the desired area. I then take some tissue paper and brush this down over the painted area so that the paint soaks through the paper. I just let it dry and there you have it, a textured road surface with no brush strokes.:D