Paint Scheme opinion

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Don:
you might consider using one of the flashy schemes for a celebration - state's centenary, railroad anniversary, wife's birthday.;) The latter ones seem a bit more railroady, but you don't have to make all the same mistakes that the prototype does.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by N Gauger

Woah!! Pool table?? Wet Bar???" You guys hiring down there??? ROFL I'm willin' to re-locate! :) :)
Well, we here in management at CSRR want to at least keep up with what we have provided for our other employees. If we can afford to give these things to our little plastic people, we afford to do it for ourselves. It is keeping everyone happy. You don't see any of our LPB's complaining or trying to leave our employment and now management will have the same privliges. Just that we may have to cut back on the walnut paneling and plush carpeting. Our LPB's will then want us to put it in their cabs and other work areas and that's going too far.:D :D

And thanks to all those that have commented. CSX6638 suggested that I start off by experimenting with a cheap boxcar to see how it looks before screwing up a loco and I think that's a good idea. :) But at least I have some direction as to what looks right. yeah, anything would work, but I have to keep those plastic guys happy and I don't want anyone laughing at them as they ride by......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D:cool: N

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
As Mr.I.M.Rich the owner and robber baron of the CDB Industries-a holding company for 7 short lines and other none rail interest would say " Homer go tell that locomotive. paint designer he is FIRED!! Does he think this company has money to waste"?:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Aren't you glad he is not the owner and CEO of YOUR railroad???

It is rumored that the members of the board likes your improve schemes..:D :D :D :D :D

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
For visibility sake, I made a change on this one. As a locomotive engineer, I always want the dumb public to be able to see what hits them. I like your choice of copper as a color. Very visible and in keeping with your theme of the Copper State. Just a thought here.

Greg Elems

Attachments

• untitled1cs.jpg
    untitled1cs.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 37

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Can you e-mail me a job app. or does one have to apply in person?
We insist on a personal interview. It is important that an applicant be able to withstand the 110 to 120 degree heat as they run from their A/C car to the A/C office. Most applicants from back east never make it out of the parking lot seeing as how their shoes sticking to the pavement tends to slow them down. It is a test to see how well you can shag the beer....:D You can imagin what a toll this heat has on our plastic guys when we send them out.:rolleyes:

Greg,

Good point, but we here at CSRR have had few complaints from people that have been hit by one of our trains. :eek: I will give it a try though, I went with the black for contrast, but if it shows up good, our legal dept. says we should make the change. Thanks,

D:cool: N

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Greg,

Thanks for the complement. I've done a bit of graphic design in the past. Not much, but over the years I've done what we couldn't afford to have anyone else do. Plus, it helps to have the right tools.:)

Don