Padre's Works

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Padre, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Padre

Padre Guest

I have decided to make a thread of just my works. I am no good on build threads as I start and get tunnel vision on the project. I will add the link to where I got the model (may have to do that in edit later). I messed around with simple models , not many, and then I saw the USS Arizona from Digital Navy, Ships, and decided I had to build it. It was my first "real" paper model. I have two wooden ships that took years to complete (post pictures of those later.

USS Arizona.

Attached Files:

2. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files:

3. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files:

4. Padre

Padre Guest

A friend of mines father served on the USS Porter DD 356 during WWII, it was sunk out from under him. We found it on the net and ordered it and I built it for him. His father had lots of stories from that time.

Attached Files:

5. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files:

6. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files:

7. Padre

Padre Guest

I just built the V108 from Digital Navy

Attached Files:

8. Padre

Padre Guest

Then, just before the above I made the Ambrose Lightship from Digital Navy. I forget where the plane came from.

Attached Files:

9. Padre

Padre Guest

These are where I display them, running quickly out of room. Have another cabinet in the living room I will post a picture later. Working on a minesweeper from Digital Navy and have order three more models from Gremir.

Attached Files:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Whoa! You are on a roll, Padre!
    You got yourself a nice little collection now!
    They all look great too! Keep them pictures coming!:twisted:

Russell
  11. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yeah, I agree, you are on a roll.:) Those are some nice looking models you have there. Nice display too.
    Need more room, you say? I feel your pain.:grin:
  12. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

Congratulations, your model collection is fantastic.
  13. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Great work on all of them! Thanks for sharing.
  14. airbob

airbob Member

Padre,
    Excellent string!!!.....very nice looking group of models, master sargent!..Impressive!!!:grin:
  15. Crazy Potashman

Crazy Potashman Member

Padre these are all VERY impressive but I spotted something in the last picture you posted - that die cast Corvair... Where did you get it? It's either a '62 or a '63 right? Father's Day is coming up and my father in law would flip if he got one of those...
    Really, the paper models are wonderful too!
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, what a collection. I wish I could finish what I started. Very inspirational.The Corvair in one of the photos would make a nice paper model.
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

18. Padre

Padre Guest

The Corvair is real.
  19. John Freeman

John Freeman John Freeman

Beautiful, Padre! As one builder to another, when I look at other people's builds I do the same as I do with my own--look for the mistakes. Not many to see on yours!

John Freeman
  20. Padre

Padre Guest

The Corvair model came from Sun Star, I found a link here http://www.modelcars.com/sunstar.php. Prices are higher than I remember paying. No one has a model in the original color of Corona Creme (only came in that color in "62), I had to repaint the model to match the color on my "62.