p2k

zachary

Aug 6, 2006
trinity north carolina
I have a p2k e6 with mars liteing and put a digitrax dz123 mobile decoder in it and when i press f0 the lites come on but they are dim to the point you can baerly see them looking for and help i can get thanks in advance zacharyf

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Does the decoder put out enough voltage for the bulbs? If the decoder is putting out 1.5 volts and is connected to the light board, the light board is knocking down further. If it is putting out 1.3 to 2 volts, it should be connected directly to the bulbs.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
A trick I did with a p2k sw9 that I wanted to operate with a decoder, but had severely limited space for the installation, was to power the locomotive motor only with the decoder. I left powered the lights directly with track voltage so that both are on all the time. The sw9 did not have a lighting package as yourE6 does, so you would have to take the power to the lighting board from the track, not directly to the lights. You would probably want to use a small resistor in series to drop the voltage to the lighting module from the 14 volt track voltage that dcc uses to 11 or 12 volts to preserve lamp life. If you do that, the lights will be lit any time the track is powered up that the locomotive sits on.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Russ Bellinis said:
A trick I did with a p2k sw9 that I wanted to operate with a decoder, but had severely limited space for the installation, was to power the locomotive motor only with the decoder. I left powered the lights directly with track voltage so that both are on all the time..
That's what I do with all my Proto 2000's.