P1K RS-2 Are Here

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
When I got home this evening a package from HobbiesUSA was waiting for me. It was my P1K RS-2’s lettered for Lehigh & New England. One is numbered 655 the other is numbered 652.

Here they are:

Attachments

• rs2ag.jpg
    rs2ag.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 94

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Of course I had to try them out. They run great. Considering what they were running on I say they did very well. I am running DC with 90% of the circuit being old abused Bachmann EZ-Track. The only Atlas code 100 is on the Water Tower Diorama which is the only area that I do not have electrical issues. I am hoping once I can go to a more permanent layout with better cared for track these electrical issues will disappear.

I ran them separately and then I ran them together. They ran great as a team.

I then ran the 655 with a train of 8 cars. All the cars meet NMRA recommended weights. Some of the cars have plastic wheels and some have metal wheels. The locomotive pulled them with ease. Where the track transitions from the plywood to the Water Tower Diorama I have some step grades probably around 2 to 3 percent. The 655 pulled the train up the grades with no problems. When I ran them together with the same train they made it even easier.

This was the first time I ever pre-ordered anything so I wondered what I was getting into. I’ll have to say that I am very pleased with what I got.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here are some pictures of the train 655 was pulling.

Attachments

• train1ag.jpg
    train1ag.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 91

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Boxcar and Caboose.

Pictures of the doubleheading will be posted later.

Attachments

• train1eg.jpg
    train1eg.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 89
Nice pictures Tom, your scenery looks great. What are you using for the wires on the telegraph poles? They look closer to the real thing than any I've seen before.

Thanks Tom. I hadn't checked back on the watertower thread in a few days or I might have known that. Again great work. I'm starting to get the hang of my digital camera so I will post a few of my layout pictures during the holidays.