P-K Boilermakers and Co.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hi Chris, don'y kanow about no liquid solder, jest used plain old 40/60 I use fer me electronal projects. What's the liquid do? Never heard of it in Kobblers Knob.

Learnt two things about boilers doin' that. 1. it's the last one I'll ever do, unless something big changes and 2. respect t., and anyone else who does a scratch brass steamer. Actually, you make the cones and I'll solder 'em all day long. That cone was a Royal PITB! It's started life as flat sheet. Up til whenever I posted that durned thing last night. Sheesh.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
respect t., and anyone else who does a scratch brass steamer. Actually, you make the cones and I'll solder 'em all day long. That cone was a Royal PITB! It's started life as flat sheet.

Jon,
I'll second that emotion! The loco t. built? that cone was a cylinder, on the bottom, cone on top. That's even more fun to shape, and solder!
The conical part of the stack I did, and sent to Shamus, was a fight, all the way! the biggest hassel was keeping the ends parallel!
BTW, are you going to complete the donkey engine in O scale? That should be an excellent piece of work!
Pete

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Hi Pete, not sure how far I'll take it. I didn't plan to make a complete donkey engine, jus tthe boiler, then I'll send it on it's way to the new owner. P-K boiler is mainly a boiler maker, a third party like Bader Creek Logging Machines, or Surry Parker would normally buy our boiler and finish it off :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Mate, looking okay so far, but the water tank needs to be bigger Hehe for On30 :D

Shamus
waver.gif

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
OK, I think it will look better if we remove 1/4 of the boiler too, about 1/2" off the bottom or maybe 3/8". I figured I would let you see it. You can cut it with a tubing cutter or just drill a hole for it to sit in. It is the proper height to the drawing spec, but it's about 1/2 or 1 scale foot to small dia, so it looks tall to me. Also the spark screen can not be soldered and is just glued loosely for the photo. The water tank should be the same dia as the boiler? However you like it mate. P-K moto: The customer is rarely right, but he's got the money!

:D :D :D