P-51D "Petie" 1:33 Halinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Hello Ken!

I had the same thoughts about the silver paper,but as I have learnt the last years it's better to just jump into it :)
The chance for screwing things up are not as big as you think.
The models are precise and well designed.So the errors don't come very easy.
So my advice is.....Go for it!!

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Hello guys! Thanks for your nice feedback!!

I did one of the legs for the landing wheels.

And both wheelwells are done.Just some minor parts to add.Such as the landing light and some push cylinders for the hatches that will be put on after the skinning of the wings are done.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
One of the landing gears is mostly done.

Rather slow progress at the time,but outdoor activities and not much time to build due to other tasks is the reason :)

KenG

Dec 10, 2006
Grafton, Wi
I like all the nice detail work you do on the landing gear. Is that gold colored rod a piece of brass wire? Great work!:thumb:

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Thanks guys!

Yes I use brass wires for most of the metal parts.I also use copperwire stripped from electrical cables for a lot of things since the copper is a lot more soft for bending and shaping.
I hope to be able to continue the build the coming week.....

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Right now I'm picking along on finishing the Luchs :)
Hope to have it done tomorrow if it's quiet here at work...

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
I've really enjoyed watching your build. As a matter of fact you've inspired me to buy more than one. At this time I have a styrene kit, I've bid on a balsa wood kit and I'm seriously considering buying a RC P-51-D Airplane. I might even buy this model. LOL It's all your fault! Trust me though, I'm not complaining. I've always loved the lines of this aircraft. Thanks for your inspiration.:thumb:

loadmat

Oct 25, 2007
Johnny,
Do you use layer of discs to make the tires? And if so, are the outside discs on each side of the tire's center cut out to allow for the rims to recess into the tire? It looks great - was wondering about the method you use.
Thanks
Greg

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Here I have used wooden tires!

But the methode you mentioned are the way it's done.
They are built up of layers of disks in different sizes and the two outside ones have the center removed.It just saves a bit of time to use the wooden ones :)

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
Is this essentially the same craft, in a larger scale? I've been looking for this Halinski model of yours, but the Polish website says that they do not export to America and I'm having difficulty in tracking one down. Sorry to interrupt your thread, I just want to get a kit of the same quality as this. Thank you.:thumb:

osCommerce

GAJouette

Sep 28, 2008
Johnny,
Very impressive work on your P-51.I hope I get as good as your building.Still working on my first here.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

flying rasta

hooked card modeler
Sep 5, 2008
Jamaica , West Indies
Johnny Svensson,

To say you are an inspiration is an understatement. i love the work so far.

I am trying to imitate the same thing doing a GPM Ta 152. question... wooden wheels are out of the options fro me. what can i use as a subsitute?

GRRRRRREATT LOOKING BIRD.

The Rastaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.