Overview of my Nscale layout

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
I haven't done any scenary since i was last here but at the "Great Edmonton Train Show" here in Alberta i did pick up a few new locas to add to the fleet.
1 is a Atlas GP-35
2 are Kato Sd-40's the Burgandy and grey is correct type but the red one is supossed to be a SD-40-2 but to most modellers including me we won't know the differance.
Does anyone know how i can check to see if i can equip them with a decoder for DCC.

Attachments

• sd40a.jpg
    sd40a.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 519
  • sd40b.jpg
    sd40b.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 517
  • gp35.jpg
    gp35.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 510

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
The show was pretty good,don't think it was as busy as last years but still good.The layouts were inpressive as always and the Lego Display won 1st prize.I was working a booth all weekend so i was able to check out everything.I might go down to Calgary for the show in Feb next year.

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
Just got a new 5 car Via Rail set by Concor

Picked the set up for $85 cdn off a friend of mine.Which is pretty good for canadian dollers.The set includes the RPO,Coach,Sleeper,Dome Observation and a End Coach Observation Car.They are all blue and yello except the Dome Observation which is silver with yellow.I will post pictures later

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
Nice work, looks good!! How did you make your tunnle fronts?
aaj.sized.jpg

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
The tunnel portals are Woodland Senic concrete portals sold in packs of 2 at the LHS,and the fronts of the mountian entrances are sheet styrafom cut to fit then wraped in plaster cloth to give strength and support.

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
Ok, i wasn't sure if you bought them, poured plaster in a mold or just carved them. I have been thinking about making a mold for plaster because the layout i'm working on will take about 18 of them and it would be more cost efficaint.

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
They do cost alot at the store so i am only using 2.I have 4 tunnel opening and i will finish the other 2 off with rock castings and have a large tunnel entrance as they have in the B.C. mountain line for CP and CN.

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
Great Layout!
I have four of the Kato SD40s (first run Road # CP5556) and they will have to be milled to accept a standard N scale decoder. The alternative is that you can fit the smallest Digitrax Z decoder in the rear of the unit if you are willing to dispense with the rear light board.

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
Bikerdad said:
Looks real nice, coming along smashingly. I'm curious about one thing: why did you switch from #4 to #6 turnouts in the yard leading to the shops?

Good question,when i first laid the #4's i didn't try running aany engines thru the turn outs.After soldering and wiring and nailing i ran my GP-7 thru the turn outs and the the gaurds on the front and rear of the engine caught on the electric switch motors.So I needed to replace them with a #6 for a more smoother run thru the turn outs.

And thanks for the compliments, I hope to get a little further over the holidays.

Attachments

• Yard Switchs.jpg
    Yard Switchs.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 466

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
I am getting my wife to try her craft side of things in my model railroad.I'm getting her to garaffiti some roliing stock in my inventory with gel and paint markers.I first gave her a car i plan to repaint in CP markings anyway.So if it doesn't turn out i can strip it and start over.There is also one other pic on my web page for this car on the Rolling Stock page.Check it out and let me know what you think.
Before.jpg

Graffit1.jpg

sams

Dec 17, 2004
cp,
i think they look great!:thumb:
esp. the frisco.:cool:
just try not to lose the wheels like on the GN boxie:D

joe ramirez

Nov 26, 2004
CP, I would say that the first looks very planned, (a solo that was written out as we would say in music) the second looks like some low lifes were out drinking and painted the car.
Joe in Houston