over my head I think

bspun2

Mar 5, 2007
:eek:ops: this wiring stuff is confusing wall1 I really think i have started over my head my layout is more advanced than i thought.... which book would help me the most with dcc wiring ?
the picture attached is a drawing of my layout.

Attachments

• layout.bmp
    22.9 KB · Views: 230

bspun2

Mar 5, 2007
ok i dont get it when at a turn out how to wire it or do i need a auto reverser

Jan 15, 2007
Seattle, Washington
The best book you could probably get would be the Atlas Wiring Guide. It'll tell you not only how to set up the DCC wiring to the tracks but also what exactly to do to wire your turnouts in sequence and independently.

I'm using it for my layout (once I get started lol...)

J. Steffen

Feb 3, 2007
Hemet, SoCal
I was confused until I bought some automatic reversing switches. The instructions were easy to follow so they allowed me to wire two loops into my layout. At a glance, it looks like you will need at least three or four of them.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
bspun2: It looks as if you have a reversing section on that track (or tracks) right down the middle (the diagram is kinda small). Your quickest way to wire this is isolate it (plastic rail joiners or gaps in both rails) at both wyes and at the track that trails across the middle, and wire this through a reversing module.The rest of the layout canbe wired as a single block.
The only other possible complication is the turntable -- wiring this will depend on which turntable you have.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi bspun2,

How is it going? Has the information provided above in suggestions and links helped out? If not there are many members here who use DCC (myself not included, unfortunately) and who will be happy to help if you can provide more information.
Regards,
Ralph