Outside the machine shop

TrainClown

You Done It Again!

Just when I think I might catch up to you, you sprint ahead! I love the bricks in that building. You make me curious as h-ll to know how you did it. Your weathered wood is so fine and now your masonry is bowling me over!

Excellent work!

Could you tell me just one thing? Did you carve those bricks from a solid piece of something, or did you stack 'em up?

Ever curious,

TrainClown

RailRon

Again I stand in awe, admiring your modelwork. It looks absolutely real, down to the smallest details. (Example, beside the door opening: Somebody in the shop must have invested quite some time to make a pile out of sand sacks (?), so that the toolbox on the barrels is kept almost perfectly level. :) Great idea to build up such a detail!)

Like TC I wonder about the technique to build that fantastic masonry work. Could you enlighten us, Casey? TIA!

Ron

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Unlike my other stone walls, this one is not scratchbuilt. It's a resin casting from Sierra West. It was originally dark brown. I kept painting and staining and dusting the stones until I had it looking the way I wanted it to. If I were to do it over again, I'd "scratchbuild" the wall using plaster.

spitfire

Fantastic Casey - just fantastic!!!! I like all the different colours of rust you have going on there, it makes the whole thing so much more believable.
And now I'm going to check Sierra West's pages to see if you have any photos there.

cheers
Val

edit: yep, you do! Congrats Casey!