Outland Shuttle Build

dhanners

I'd say your build gives the vehicle the "heft" it always seemed to have. You've really done a great job of catching that big, lumbering look that characterized the ship.

I wonder if Bower or any fan ever came up with a concept of what was inside the ship....

Gearz

Glad to hear the good news about your son Duncan ~ Score one for fairness!

testbuild41.jpg ~ For a chunk of machinery the vessels design certainly has character, from that angle it has a vaguely sinister appearance ~ looks like its patiently waiting to pounce on some prey.

Most excellent pic coverage of the models Dev!

lol..(spanners) Yep! She's begging to have a cargo bay door open, with some mining machinery trundling out.

Wow...back to the third thread page in less than a month. Sorry for the hiatus, but things have been, and continue to be extremely busy in RL (got busy with work, wife and I bought a new house, I got my new PC and CoD4...nuf said). I've been doing a little paper cutting on this behind the scenes, but what it needs is some more photoshop and design work at this point. I have set aside some time to work on this project this weekend, so will have more pictures in a couple of days.

Thx.

DaDragon

Re: Outland Shuttle

Hi to all. :wave:

Mr Newby here; middle-aged Brit with no more room (as if that would stop me)!! ;-)

The model is OUTSTANDING!!! jawdrop

Will it be available for public consumption . . .yum?!!!

All the best,

Graham.

Thanks Graham, and welcome to the forum.

Yes this model will be offered free to paper modelers, but it may take awhile. I'm in the final stages of the test build layering on the details and panels. Then I have to tweak some textures and fix the layout, and finally get the instructions done (that could take awhile). It won't be a model for the faint of heart...not that it requires advanced modeling skills really, but it will require patience as it has alot of parts and many many repetitions

DaDragon

Hot4Darmat wrote:
Yes this model will be offered free . . .

jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop Outstanding (much neglected) subject; AWESOME rendition/execution and its going to be FREE! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I must've died & gone to modelling heaven! :cool:

Can't wait to see the end result and thanks for the welcome; its good to be here. I love to get my teeth into a challenge and I think this one's going to be GREAT! bounce7

Graham.

Thanks again. Its always motivating to get that positive feedback.

Its also gratifying to think that there might be at least one other person out there who'll actually sink their teeth into this and build it. I also need the feedback from another builder to help me tweak it...so what I may do is send you an early version, and request that you make your own build thread, so I can see your progress and learn from it. We'll cross that bridge when this puppy is closer. I'll post a few more pics soon.

As promised, here are a few pictures of recent progress made on this project. The changes are subtle, aside from the attitude thrusters on the main thruster arm ends, mostly in the form of details, greeblies, and panels.

Attachments

• OutlandShuttleTestBuild49.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild49.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 24
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild50.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild50.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 17
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild51.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild51.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild53.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild53.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild56.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild56.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
It may be at a glacial pace, but progress IS happening. There's is much more detail to be added yet, especially on top, but here are a couple of shots of the sides and cargo holds.

Attachments

• OutlandShuttleTestBuild54.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild54.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 18
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild55.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild55.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 16
And here are a couple of (mostly unintentional) moody shots.

Attachments

• OutlandShuttleTestBuild48.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild48.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 19
  • OutlandShuttleTestBuild52.jpg
    OutlandShuttleTestBuild52.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15

Stev0

I would say you have achieved studio quality. Congrats on a finished product. You should take some night shots with dramatic lighting.

gippolot

STUNNING effort Hot4, balloon6

And please post some more moody photos, the first one really highlighted your model's detail.

Gippo