Out Source Tasks

Bob Collins

I know that for you purists this sort of talk is blasphemy, but I need some guidance.

I have run across a couple of "tasks" associated with working on the railroad that are beyond my limited capabilities including fading eyesight and fat fingers.

I had a chance to purchase a UPRR FEF 4-8-4, but it was not plug in ready to go DCC and I'm not wise enough to convert it so let it go.

Would any of you be willing to recommend someone who does that sort of detail work that I might contact in the future who would be interested in helping, for a price of course:D :D

By the way, for those of you who have been following my tribulations on what scenery motif I was going to use might be interested to know that I have pretty much decided to make it look as much as possible like the terrain that the F. E and MV operated over for many years.

Thanks

Bob

rockislandmike

Might wanna ask at your local hobby store, Bob. I know two of the stores in town have people inhouse (or someone that pops by occasionally) to do stuff like that. I think the amount they want for DCCing a loco is pretty reasonable 2.

Bob Collins

Thanks to both of you.

My "local" train store is 100 miles away, but I still might be able to sue tham. I have purchased stuff from Tony's but hadn't thought of them for this purpose. Great idea Marty.

Bob