Our trip to the Lake Superior Trans. Museum

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Hi,

Here are a few pictures of a trip my son and I took to the Lake Superior Transportation Museum last year,I hope you enjoy them.

Chris

Thomas came to town,it was a madhouse!

tn_DSC00757.JPG

tn_DSC00760.JPG

A picture of my son in the cab of the DM&IR 4-6-6-4 Yellowstone

tn_DSC00764.JPG

The William A. Crooks,the founder of the GN R.R.'s personal train and first loco to run in MN.

tn_DSC00767.JPG

The Minnetonka,Northern Pacific R.R.

tn_DSC00762.JPG

A nice Soo Line Engine,one of the Several different engines they use for the North Shore Scenic R.R. Excursions between Duluth and Two harbors.

tn_DSC00765.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's a fun place. I've been there a few times and have also enjoyed sitting in the cab of that 4-6-6-4! Is the model railroad still there in the Depot museum?
Ralph

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Ralph said:
That's a fun place. I've been there a few times and have also enjoyed sitting in the cab of that 4-6-6-4! Is the model railroad still there in the Depot museum?
Ralph

Thanks guys!

Yeah it is,we enjoy going their once in a while.The 4-6-6-4 is awesome,but it's so big and the way it's situated it's impossible to get a decent picture of it.I like that they put it up on blocks so you can see the wheels turn though.

They still have the layout,but I didn't get a picture of it.Next time we go I'll get one.They had a model train show a while ago and I took pictures of it,but the computer I put them on died and I lost them:cry:.

Joesho:It is a beautiful engine for sure,but it looks even better when it's pulling the excursion train.Probably the best out of the group they use,they also use a GN SD45 "Hustle Muscle",GN RS-3,a DM&IR SD45-2 and another Soo Line loco,I think it's a SD45 also or it could be a GP.

CNWman:I don't know if it could get any worse then it was,but with the prices for the tickets,the lines and the crowds I was happy when it was over!

Chris

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Chris great pictures, thanks for sharing....1 suggestion though....pay more attention to your viewfinder, you kept getting that kid in the pictures.....sign1 looks like he was having a great time too:thumb:

Rick

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Thanks Rick!

Yeah that kid just kept following me around and getting in the way.That's the last time I feed a straysign1.

He had fun,he didn't even know why we were going there until Thomas pulled up to the platform.Needless to say he was pleasantly surprised!