Our Layouts - Photo Thread

Ok, I went back and took some general shots. They're not very good but they do give a feeling for the layout.

0243.jpg

0244.jpg

0245.jpg

0246,jpg

0247.jpg

0248.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW sweet Idea Gary for Layouts Thread :thumb: :thumb:

I love everyones pics!!!

Ralph, Sweet Layout, I swear that Cement Complex gets bigger every time I see it :eek: :eek: :mrgreen: :thumb:

Well I dont have any pics as im starting new layout, see my thread http://forum.zealot.com/t152344/ (final plan is on page 6, post #77)

I do have some old pics of my old layout, here are some for now

DSC04278.jpg

Shot of the Unfinished Gravel Plant lol

DSC04279.jpg

What was to be home to the Oil Refinery

DSC04281.jpg

Hoffa Cement

DSC04285.jpg

Hotel Under Construction

DSC04286.jpg

Magic Pan Bakery

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

Western Coal

This layout has since been taken down to make room for my new layout

nkp174

Maybe I'm too much influenced with the Model Railroader magazine and their endless list and articles about 14 feet by 32 feet triple deck basement railroad "Empires"
:)

I know what you mean. I keep a copy with a 60'x35' On3 layout next to my couch. I can dream.

The coolest layout I've seen in a while was a simple Nn3 circle. It is Mark Fielder's Nn3 British layout. 16" in diameter....and well detailed.

TrainNut...I love the picture of the 2' tall model railroader next to your layout.

Gary S.

Ralph! Your layot is fantastic. I like it alot, I hadn't realized you had such a large area.

Roger! I like yours too. Thanks for adding to the thread.

It's great to see the overall shots just to get ideas and to learn more about each other.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Now, anybody else got photos?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Tell my wife that! After frusturations at the club, I decided I was done with that and needed a layout at home. The only problem was where? After much deliberation, we decided that I could have 2'4 along both walls of the room we used the least - the dining room. Now it appears that may change as we are thinking about expanding and adding an office to that side of the house. If we do that, that window behind my layout will become a door and I will have to break'er in half and move it to another room of the house.

Just found this thread and it's inspiring. I am going home tonight after work and cleaning up my space so that I can take some updated pictures and post them here.

I too am using the shelf system and highly recommend it.

Gary - just how 'removable' is that section in front of the breaker box? Isn't that a fire hazard? I have a panel in my garage as well in a very inconvenient location. I've considered putting a removable lift-out section across it, but only a single track bridge section.

Kurt - the space is small but the modeling is just great.

And the rest - thanks for sharing. My photos will be up soon.

Gary S.

There are actually two panels in my garage that the layout crosses. Both of those sections are removable. Yeah, it isn't the greatest thing, but no fire hazard. And I can get to the breakers up behind the shelves if something were to trip. If I need in one of the panels, I just take out three 1/4 - 20 bolts/nuts, disconnect the bus wires from some terminal strips, and slide the section out. But how often do you actually need in the panels?

I'm an electrician, so everything is good. Now, there may be an NEC violation :eek: concerning working space in front of the panel, but hey, no inspectors over here. And think of it this way.... say you had an old wood door in your garage. You leaned it up against the panel for the next 20 years. No big deal.

I actually wired this house as it was being built. Man, I wish I could have predicted the future when I put those panels in the garage. If I knew a layout was in the works, I would have put the panels somewhere else.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hey gary, should I post a pic of my recently-modified layout here now? I already posted a pic of my layout on page 1

Free-mo Tim

Here's my first "permanent" home layout...concept and progress

First image is the "Layout Design Element" based on the North Shore Line in Waukegan and North Chicago, Ill.

Next is the trackplan to fit the 8.5 ft by 24 ft space.

Next message, I'll post some actual layout pics

Regards from Ohio,

Tim

Attachments

• CERA 107 map02.jpg
    CERA 107 map02.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 8
  • NSL_diagram02.JPG
    NSL_diagram02.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 10

Free-mo Tim

OK,

Layout pics as promised. These pics show the home layout as of a few years ago. That was before I started building Free-mo modules!sign1

These pics show the "bottom" of the trackplan in the area of sidings 8 thru 13.

Regards from Ohio,

Tim

Attachments

• Glen_Rock_sidings02.jpg
    Glen_Rock_sidings02.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 7
  • GlenRockAve02.jpg
    GlenRockAve02.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 5

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
thats one great lookin trackplan ya got there,cool pics too,will the whole layout be traction?--josh

Free-mo Tim

Josh,

This is supposed to be a 98% traction design. Non traction power will make guest appearances at the to be built interchanges.

The next version (there's always a next version, isn't there :thumb:) will be without the duckunder and will add the interchanges mentioned before.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards from Ohio,

Tim

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Josh,

This is supposed to be a 98% traction design. Non traction power will make guest appearances at the to be built interchanges.

The next version (there's always a next version, isn't there :thumb:) will be without the duckunder and will add the interchanges mentioned before.

Thanks for your comments!

Regards from Ohio,

Tim

sounds like it'll be pretty sweet :thumb:,i like MRRing but i dont think i could hang all that catenary :eek: :rolleyes:.cant wait to see it finished --josh

CNWman

CNW Fan
Well, here's my improved layout:
Picture_0229.JPG

All I really did was get the foam down, but it's a start! I'm not going to have a pink ground color for Riverside, though:p