Other photos taken during contest shoot

Tyson Rayles

Gary you should be able to do all your editing, cropping etc. in the photosuite, not Camedia, which is why it opens in photosuite in the first place. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
The contest was locos on bridges, but I liked a couple other photos I took which didn't meet that critera, so I'm posting them here. The first two are really the same shot, one just is cropped. I cannot so far figure out how to crop without leaving black space where I cut out, using MGI Photosuite. If anyone is familiar with it, I'd sure appreciate a tip!

gary - just outline what you want to KEEP. Then select "Image" at the top then click on "Trim".

garynew.jpg

Drew1125

Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, seems you've gone off the deep end!...

Gary

Well, that certainly wouldn't be the 1st time I've been accused of that! :)
But I'm stickin' to my story too!
That 1st pic of the running gear, & boxcar end...%$#@!!...
That rust! that shine on the tread!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
I'm still loookin' around on the floor for my jaw & eyeballs! :D ;) :p

Gary Pfeil

Thanks again Charlie, you're much to kind! Glad you liked it. N Gauger, thank you VERY MUCH! I spent a mniute or two looking for "Image" with no luck, but found "Trim" under edit and it worked just as you said. I looked around for a photo in the files which cropping would help, the attached result is still a so so picture (the shiny rails in particular) but I got rid of clutter and a shadow in the foreground. Thanks again, you made my day.

Attachments

• p1010021.jpg
    p1010021.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 56

Gary Pfeil

Have a little while to play with my newly learned cropping while I wait for the wife to get ready to go out. Hope nobody minds me posting this photo again, I posted it quite awhile back, but the area around it was unscenicked and was distracting. I think this is much nicer.

Attachments

• p1010023.jpg
    p1010023.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 50

Gary Pfeil

Most of the rest of this photo was out of focus. God I love this, I feel like a little kid with a new toy!

Attachments

• p1010050.jpg
    p1010050.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 53

Gary Pfeil

Tyson, heck yes. I don't even mind my wife taking her time! I wish others would post more photos, I love seeing what others have accomplished.(hint hint) I've got another of Pete's loco which I am going to post in the thread on making rocks from foam. See you there.

Gary

Drew1125

%$#@!, Gary!
I had just found my jaw & eyeballs...now you've gone & done it again!
:D :D :D
Those close-up perspectives are awesome, Gary!

Gary Pfeil

Thanks again Charlie, hope you have good medical coverage. Matt, I do have others, mostly just different angles of the same stuff. Wife is ready and I'm hungry, so next time! Good night all.

Gary