other hobbies?

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
My other hobby is cars in the 12 inches to the foot scale. Boy if you think model railroading is expensive! I have a 1987 Firebird T/A with a roller cam 350 tpi motor and 5 speed. The body is done, most of the mechanicals are done, I just need to do the A/C and now I need to finish the interior. I have a 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton pick up in my driveway that is the next project.

CharlesH.

Jul 31, 2004
my house
You know zedob, when I took a first glance at your drawing I thought it was a grainy photograph! Swell looking piece of woik!

Other diversions I take part in are photography, drawing (Here's a sketch I did on the back of a notebook.And my apologies to the moderators if they find this to be a bit too "much")
, making "movies", watching classic films (especially cartoons), swiping vintage photos from the internet, old time radio (I recently got my hands on a 1938 Philco tabletop model) and music, namely classic jazz and pop from the 1920's thru the 1940's.

Dick Elmore

Aug 22, 2003
Central Illinois
Visit site
:wave: I enjoy watching movies on VCR and DVD and TV. I collect metal model cars. In the summer, I race sports cars. (Road racing, etc.) Right now I'm watching the 24 hours of Daytona, my kind of racing!!

Dick
Texas Chief

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
My hobbies

ding chavez said:
what are some of your other interests/hobbies?

i build all kinds of models from tanks to cars and airplanes, im a gun enthusiast, and enjoy playing computer games. i also draw, and enjoy hiking and skiing. what about you guys?

All expensive!

In addition to Model Railroading, I collect Japanese Animation (I have a 20 GB/month download habit, and had a $200 month DVD habit for anime which will return after I'm done with this second degree!), play Magic: The Gathering (Also known as cardboard crack!) and Role-Playing Games, build computers and play video games. I also do some miniatures wargaming.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
From some of these posts, I'm beginning to believethat MRRing is one of the cheapest hobbies to get into. Guess it's relative.

That, or MRRers are cheap. Who the heck else would look outside to find weeds to make trees?

max diyer

Jan 22, 2006
western PA
I'm into motorcycles (dirt & Harleys), woodworking, metal fabrication, fishing (mostly bass, but will fish all freshwater species). I have a R/C off-road car, but I am selling to invest in MRR. Computers, on & off-line.

Arizona Heat

Jan 26, 2006
Kingman Arizona/Dolan Springs Arizona
max diyer said:
Hey Arizona Heat, you must have a wife that likes to shop!sign1
IALMAO..........What wife don't
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Hey..zebob. That looks like the old power house in Collinsville CT! Next to the old Collins Axe factory.
I'm also into NASCAR die-cast car collecting, I have over 500 pieces in all four scales. Believe it or not, not as much Dale Jarrett as you think, though that is getting big.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Used to collect NASCAR, build and fly model rockets, canoeing and bicycling. Found it stretched my resources too much as I am involved in a variety of ministry opportunities so I pared it all down to one hobby---model trains---and that on a very limited budget. I do still gather up HO or near HO scale diecast vehicles at yard sales when I can and the price and timing is right...

Attachments

• trux.jpg
    trux.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 31

ding chavez

Jan 17, 2006
Philadelphia, Pa
Arizona Heat said:
hamr hamr You must have lost your addiction,ding chavez, cause you didn't tell us the game!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
scuze me ding....Medal of Honor...didn't catch that in quote....now if I just had the website
curse.gif

crap, i meant call of duty. thats the game i was addicted to.

www.callofduty.com

i also played the medal of honor games, (mostly european assault), but on xbox and not the computer like call of duty so i only played the one player campaigns since i dont have xbox live.

N

nachoman

i got a mustang - 65 coupe. I've driven her over 100,000 miles since I got her, and probably just passed 400,000 miles total. No modifications on this car - whatever it takes to get her to drive safely.

kevin

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
My other hobbies are building model cars and collecting 1:24 and 1:18 diecast cars. I also collect most anything automotive related ( sales catalogs, manuals, emblems, hubcaps, etc.)

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I used to restore classic cars, motorcycles and trucks (18 wheelers) and build street rods and custom motorcycles also.
Now it's just trains and horses.

Attachments

• FrankenPete.jpg
    FrankenPete.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 28
  • sportster.jpg
    sportster.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Mar29^05.JPG
    Mar29^05.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 27