other hobbies?

ding chavez

what are some of your other interests/hobbies?

i build all kinds of models from tanks to cars and airplanes, im a gun enthusiast, and enjoy playing computer games. i also draw, and enjoy hiking and skiing. what about you guys?

astrowolf67

My other interests, are, model and high powered rocketry, r/c planes, astronomy, camping, and we are getting ready to try geocaching.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Ding, Do you ply Medal of Honor?? My Step Daughter & A few friends do :)

I'm into Photography, Railroad History (Baldwin Loco Works). Rennaisance fairs (we goto PARF), Sword Collecting, and NASCAR. I also go to antique car shows :)

abutt

Camera collecting. Have thinned out collection to mostly rare TLRs and classic manual-focus SLRs, Photography, modelling armour, aircraft and ships.

L

lester perry

How about wood working comes in handy with model railroading. Also Antique tractor 1949 Case VAC.

N

nachoman

i love to paint... here's a photo of one I have handy. I also enjoy building various things, my latest project being a theremin (electronic musical instrument). I also like brewing, but I havent had time to do much of that lately.

kevin

Attachments

• canyonpaint2.jpg
    canyonpaint2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 68

Arizona Heat

ezdays said:
I'll bet you back off from doing that when it gets over 110 degrees.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
This is cool country here in the summer,ezdays
smile.gif

I always carry a 4 foot collapsible aluminum pole with a rubber foot and a roll of double sided tape. Tape attaches to bottom of rubber foot. When tape is un-useable I attach another piece.
thumbsup.gif
A PENNY SAVED IS A PENNY EARNEDsign1. I GOTTA COUNT THEM PENNIES SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!

Drew1125

I still like to play my old Fender Strat through my 100 watt Marshall!announce1 wall1 :D

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 64

ezdays

Out AZ way
Me, I've had a woodworker and building hobby long before I got into MRR. I also do electronics (was my career), write a newspaper column, shoot trap (don't hunt though) and do some computer graphics. The only thing that brings in a few bucks now and then is the electronics, everything else is a money pit :rolleyes:... but fun nonetheless...:thumb::thumb:

ding chavez

N Gauger said:
Ding, Do you ply Medal of Honor?? My Step Daughter & A few friends do :)

I'm into Photography, Railroad History (Baldwin Loco Works). Rennaisance fairs (we goto PARF), Sword Collecting, and NASCAR. I also go to antique car shows :)

i havent played it recently, but about a year ago i was addicted to playing it online. man that was fun. capture the flag, bunker mode? its a good time.

Arizona Heat

hamr hamr
ding chavez said:
i havent played it recently, but about a year ago i was addicted to playing it online. man that was fun. capture the flag, bunker mode? its a good time.
You must have lost your addiction,ding chavez, cause you didn't tell us the game!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
scuze me ding....Medal of Honor...didn't catch that in quote....now if I just had the website
curse.gif

Other hobbies? I don't think you understand! There are no other hobbies! =]

I like to collect coins, working at a bank I get some neat stuff coming through. I also enjoy playing the electric bass and piano. My favorite music is the blues but I have very eclectic tastes. I have a very large CD collection that I listen to almost 24/7. My art has taken a back seat at the moment. I tried getting into paintball but found I am too big and too much of a wuss. I have lots of other things I enjoy but these are the main ones.

Cory

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Watching movies (DVDs, not a theater within 100 miles from here :curse: ) listening to music, 60's through the 80's. Very little good music since then. Reading, mostly Science fiction, fantasy, & horror.

abutt

Kevin...I like your painting. Strong van Gogh influence. You could do worse. Very strong and lively approach to the subect. Well done.

Allan

MilesWestern

I also paint, draw, and (india) ink. My drawings are done with ball point pen mostly, with some being done with pencil. My drawings are mostly of railroad subjects, or incorporate some railroady element to them. My paintings are train-free for the moment :( but that may change soon enough! ;) India Ink is a new medium thatI've grown very fond of! :) and have eclectic subjects to them.

I really don't listen to much music for some reason, never understood why... :confused:

I used to build, paint and play with model airplanes.

Have a huge collection of plastic army men (literally 1000's!!!) and various military equipment, even with a brio munitions supply railway, like in WWI. I used to set up these thousands of troops and tanks, and planes out in the part of my backyard. I had a scale legnth airfield with hangers, aprons and a control tower, a training area, mountains 2-3 feet high made of dirt with roads, tunnels, and 'secret bunkers'. I ALWAYS had some sort of river, lake or Dammed River lake combo too. boy, that was SO much fun!!

Built many 3d detailed paper aircraft, like a 1:20ish model of a USAAC seversky P-35 and a USAAF P-47D thunderbolt, all out of paper!

AM a member of the Pacific Locomotive Assoc, and the NIles Essany silent film museum.

Also out of paper I build 1:87 scale buildings, although they're HO scale, I don't use them for my layout because they're mostly city buildings. I they're called SKYLINE structures, and If any of you want one, contact me with what you want, and I'll pour hours of work into a cool builng for you!

My final fascination is industrial archeology...I go to abandoned indistural lots, or just 'repurposed' builings, ad look for interesting archectural features, to incorporate into my SKYLINE buildings.

I'm a music fanatic also, 60's through 80's, have over 1700 albums/CD's and more than 2200 additional songs on the computer. I'm an organic gardener with about 1/4 acre. It supplies vegtables, fruits and herbs almost year around in this part of Texas. Photography, cooking, woodworking, railfanning, and throwing back some cold ones occupy most of the rest of my non-working time; kiddos are already grown and moved out.

zedob

I like to draw also. Not much of a painter, though. Most of my artwork consists of high density pen & ink drawings. This one may look familiar. It was drawn from the pic I used for one of the photo contests.

I love to run around the back roads looking for new subjects to photograph and possibly draw later on.

I used to go soaring with my dad years ago, but haven't been ever since he passed away. I've thought about getting together with some of the members of our old club and take it up again, but if you think MRRing is expensive, try flying.

Attachments

• Copy of powerhouse_drwg.jpg
    Copy of powerhouse_drwg.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 37

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
zedob said:
I like to draw also. Not much of a painter, though. Most of my artwork consists of high density pen & ink drawings. This one may look familiar. It was drawn from the pic I used for one of the photo contests.

I love to run around the back roads looking for new subjects to photograph and possibly draw later on.

I used to go soaring with my dad years ago, but haven't been ever since he passed away. I've thought about getting together with some of the members of our old club and take it up again, but if you think MRRing is expensive, try flying.
That's a nice drawing!! :)