Orlando Model Train Exhibit

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
During our vacation in Orlando we found this little gem tucked away on International Drive. It shares it quarters with a sightseeing helicopter tour. The only name I could find for the place was Model Train Exhibit. It was an indoor G-Scale layout.

aaj.jpg

The place was huge with about 5 different trains running along with several trolleys. Some of the bridges towered over the walkways. Many of the trains took several minutes to make their circuits.

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

tillsbury

Thanks for the pictures Tompm... but what is it about G-scale that makes people use ridiculously tight curves and completely forget about ballast? As an N-scaler, I often think about getting into G-scale outside -- but once you're outside you have loads of room (ok here they're inside, but it's a bigger inside than most gardens).... but still the toy curves and bald track...

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
You never know when you will find an interesting layout. Great photos Tom.
I agrre with tillsbury though that the track builders could have done a better job with the space they have.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Matthyro said:
You never know when you will find an interesting layout. Great photos Tom.
I agrre with tillsbury though that the track builders could have done a better job with the space they have.
I agree, every layout is worthwhile to see, even if you think the builder could have done better.

I think the word here is "inconsistant", some areas are great, others could use a bit more effort.