Orel Polikarpov I-1 1:33

S

shrike

1. Polikarpov I-1 Russian Fighter 1923
2. Scale 1:33
3. Orel #12
4. Designer unk (not obvious, and I can’t read Russian)
5. Distributor Orel Publishing http://www.papermodeling.net

The model comes as an A4 booklet with 4 pages of card, 1 ½ pages of paper patterns, 2 1/2 pages of 3D illo instruction and 8 pages of text instruction in Russian, German, Polish and English.
Artwork is computer drawn, with very delicate outlines. Printing registration is perfect. The exterior skin is printed in a matte silver colour, that is rather pleasant, and not as glaring as some silvers. Weathering is confined to the cockpit floor boards and gun troughs.

The cover shows a difficulty level of 2 out of 3. Construction is very ‘former-heavy’ like some Halinski kits, which will yield a very solid and dense model. All of the flying surfaces are separate, and the cockpit has good balance of detail for a simple aircraft.

S

shrike

I didn't have any problem going through the registration process ( I'm using Mozilla Firefox) but I did have to send a seperate email to confirm the order and then paypal a payment. The models were very well packed, and arrived in 11 days (itmight have taken less time, but there was a national holiday - no post)