Orc village

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Hi guys,

I am in the process of working on a new paper model set: The Orc Village!

Here is a little concept art ...
medium_hut_outside.jpg
I have also written a little post on how I started the design process on my site if you are interested (http://www.papierschnitzel.com/orc-village-sketches/). This helped me ground my work and solidify the design and variations I plan to make.

I will show prototypes soon!

Let me know what you think.
Chris

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Textures will take a little longer but here is the first look at whitebuild prototypes!

This is the basic shape of the orc house. Maybe doesn't look like much for now but once the textures (and variations of textures) are added it should look great.

See some more prototypes on my site. I have again compiled my thoughts and ideas on the prototypes in a little article: http://www.papierschnitzel.com/orc-village-prototypes/

I enjoyed the design process so far. A nice change after to many "normal" human buildings :)

Chris
DSC06837-2.jpg

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
working on the textures now and struggling for the first time with color calibration. the first try turned out way to dark after printing. have to do a couple of tests what is going on. but the leather textures looks very leathery ... on the screen at least :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I have gone through this, too! It can be fairly tricky to get the desired colours because every colour interacts with the paper used. In addition, different printers deliver different results.

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks guys! I always wanted to push my texturing abilities and this project is helping me do it. Lots of new materials to work on :)

When I was taking a break working on the textures, I was playing around with the shape of an orc tower the last days. How do you like this?

View attachment 157542

This looks very interesting! I have to agree with @Revell-Fan, it could (indeed) double as an Ewok village.

Reactions: Papierschnitzel