Opinions on Trix

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
I am looking for a diesel to go with my circa 50's 60's layout and I saw one that looks great and has a great price of $75.00 Canadian or $66.95 U.S :thumb: It is by a German-Austrian firm called TRIX that people here seem to respect for their HO models, but no one seems to know anything about their N scale. :cry: I don't want to buy something that they offloaded to some unindustrialized country and they just stamped their name on, as I've had this way before by a reputable instrument maker.

Maybe your the one that knows about their small N scale offering. Please share the wealth. announce1

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
My circa early 70s Trix 0-6-0 switcher creeps tie-to-tie at just over 30 seconds and pulls 8 cars up a train set trestle. Not bad for a 30+ year old gal.

Attachments

• bmc2.JPG
    bmc2.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 172

Grotto

Jun 29, 2006
Toronto
Is that an N scale? I saw on a web site a Trix HO that look similar to that.
30 Years eh. Fine Bavarian engineering for sure.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
shaygetz said:
My circa early 70s Trix 0-6-0 switcher creeps tie-to-tie at just over 30 seconds and pulls 8 cars up a train set trestle. Not bad for a 30+ year old gal.

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Do you keep it in some kind of air-tight argon filled container when you're not running it, or something?

I know you know this, but don't ever let go of that treasure.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Grotto said:
Is that an N scale? I saw on a web site a Trix HO that look similar to that.
30 Years eh. Fine Bavarian engineering for sure.

Yes, it is N scale, one of the first ones you could get when N was in its infancy. Pretty state of the art for its day too with separate handrails, a working headlight and marker lights on the tender. This one was barely used when I got it.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
When I was into N scale, I had a Trix SW1500. The thing ran like a champ, not bad detail for the times(Late 80's, early 90's). The only thing I didn't like was that the weight was in the cab, which meant that there was no interior detail.

woopud

Jan 8, 2006
Colorado
Trix = MiniTrix and is the best in modeltrains like Marklin, Fleischmann and LGB which are all made in Germany/Austria.

Bert