opinion on this beautiful photo

Cadillac_SD9

Jan 2, 2006
How do you guys think this would would do in a photot contest.
attachment.php

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i noticed your picture was a tad faded, soo i fixed the color a bit for you :thumb:

fixed%20(Small).jpg

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
when you use autofocusing cameras, aim the center at the point that you wish to be the focal length by pressing the button halfway, and after it's focused, move the camera to the proper angle and press the button the rest of the way, just besure to keep it in the same position. for yours, you might want to focus it on the front of the engine, and then slide the camera back to that same posistion. but each camera is different, soo you might have to play around a bit more on that idea

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
My camera loves to focus on things in the background. usualy for me a certain amount of green boxes pop up (the differnet "thirds) and that says what its focused on. even if i move the camera so the green box is over what i want, itsstill focuses far away. i've been trying to get around that.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
green_elite_cab said:
My camera loves to focus on things in the background. usualy for me a certain amount of green boxes pop up (the differnet "thirds) and that says what its focused on. even if i move the camera so the green box is over what i want, itsstill focuses far away. i've been trying to get around that.

sometimes placing objects at the focal point helps, like maybe you can plop down a small bill-board or something that has sharp clear lines, soo that the camera can focus on that, then yank it out

alot of digtal cameras have a manual zoom hidden in the options too

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I took that picture, and thanks to Marxed, the color is sharper, good job! :thumb: Yeah, a sharper photo will be had hopefully by Friday, so then maybe it can be a better photo. For some reason this camera doesn't like focusing really close, or likes having moving objects close to the lens, is there and I can do that and Have a sharper, in focus image. I'm using a 5.0 mega pixel CASIO Exlim camera, and this thing has countless modes, any suggestions?

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
MilesWestern said:
I took that picture, and thanks to Marxed, the color is sharper, good job! :thumb: Yeah, a sharper photo will be had hopefully by Friday, so then maybe it can be a better photo. For some reason this camera doesn't like focusing really close, or likes having moving objects close to the lens, is there and I can do that and Have a sharper, in focus image. I'm using a 5.0 mega pixel CASIO Exlim camera, and this thing has countless modes, any suggestions?

glad i could help :thumb:

just baack away from the object! :D

cameras can' focus to things that are really close beyond a point... try backing away a foot more, and zooming in a little to make up for it... i made the same mistakes when i started photographing trains too

using a 5 mega pixel camera should let you take pictures from further away rather nicely, even if your not zoomed in quite far enough, you could crop the image and still have good resolution to work with.. my pictures are taken with a 4.1 mega pixel camera

when i photograph, i place my camera on a tripod, less movement equals sharper image. nobody's hands are steady enough. then on average i keep the camera no less than two feet away from the object, and for closeups, i just use the zoom feature, just besure not to use the digital zoom if you have one