Opinion on photo contests

Discussion in 'Voting Forum for all Challenges' started by ezdays, Jun 2, 2006.

?

Your opinions on entering and voting in photo contest

Poll closed Jun 12, 2006.
  1. GROUP 1:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I entered and I didn’t mind using the Gallery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I entered but didn’t like using the Gallery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn’t enter because I didn’t like using the Gallery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I never enter anyway so it doesn’t matter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. GROUP 2:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I voted and I liked using the thumbnails with clickable links

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I voted but would rather have seen the full pictures in the thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I didn’t vote because I didn’t like using these thumbnails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I never vote, so it doesn’t matter anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. GROUP 3:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. ALL IN ALL, I LIKE THIS NEW WAY OF RUNNING THESE CONTESTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. NOPE, I’D RATHER GO BACK TO THE WAY WE USED TO DO THINGS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. HEY, LET'S SEE IF THERE'S ANOTHER WAY, BOTH WAYS STINK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Last month, in response to your requests to have thumbnails to review the entries in the photo contests, we switched to using the Gallery as a place to put the entries, and I linked to these in the photo contest forum. Now that it's time to vote, I've done the same in the voting thread.

Your response last month was, "let's try it one time and see", so now I need some feedback. We've tried it and I need to see if you prefer this new way of entering an voting, or do we go back to the old way.

Please respond to this poll and post any thoughts or ideas you have as well. You can pick all that applies to you, but if you read the poll items, you should only pick one item from each group.
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

The only thing I did not like about putting our photos into the gallery was it seemed (and this may just be in my head) like we did not get near as many comments on our photos.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, you're right, it's also difficult to view them because they aren't all in one thread. I think that will change with time though.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

uhhhh, just in case there's some confusion, you don't vote for Group 1, 2 or 3. You vote for something in each of these groups. Group 1, 2 and 3 are just headers to divide the three groups of questions. The only way I can do it, is to make them so they can be selected, but please don't...:D :D

Since we've had votes in those rows already, I just feel that I gotta mention this before any one else does the same.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1
  5. 91rioja

91rioja Member

I'm glad I read about the groups before I voted; you almost got another set of votes for group 1, 2, and 3. LOL :D
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

All in all, it seems like the new way is an overwhelming favorite. It's more work, but if it gets more people interested and they enter, then it's work the effort.

I am still open to suggestions. Those that voted for, "...another way", I'll be happy to listen to any suggestions you have that might improve how these contests are handled. I'm serious, Mikey and myself have spent a lot of time bouncing ideas back and forth, and I asked for any other input we could get for anyone else. That doesn't mean that we can't make changes, so the offer is still open. PM me if you have any new ideas about how these contests can be improved. I'm also open to suggestions for new subjects so that we're not doing the same things over and over again.
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Based on the voting here, we're going to stick with the new way of posting and voting for these contests. I could put full-sized pictures in the contest thread, but there is much more information in the Gallery post, plus you have the oportunity to post comments to specific pictures. You can still post comments in the contest threads, so consider doing both.

Again I ask, if anyone has any suggestions on how we can improve these contests in any way, please let me know. I am always open to new ideas, that's what prompted these changes in the first place. :wave: :wave:
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

This is all clear as mud, go to one place decide between two links, ect.

I have yet to see what has been posted or even find the write month.

Fooye on this contest.
  9. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

What month are you looking for? You entered a picture for May without any problems, if you want to enter the current contests, do it the same way you did then. We have two contests going for June/July. So far there is only one entry for one of those contests and none in the other. It's early, they only opened yesterday, wait a few days, I'll add the clickable thumbnails to the threads once we get a few more entries, that's why you can't see anything. It won't be until later on in the week regardless, since I'll be out of town for a few days.
  10. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I dont know enough to answer a question.

Every other catagory works for me fine.

Forget it.