Open for any ideas

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by jkristia, Apr 17, 2003.

1. jkristia

jkristia Member

Well, I have almost finished building the track on this part of the layout, and are now playing with some ideas of what to do with the area. I was thinking about something like the attached picture, a small town with a main street, crossing under the track on the left, and a grade crossing on the right. Some small town buildings (DPM and alike), some residential buildings, and 2 industries. For the industries I was thinking of a cement plant on the right and maybe a citrus packing facility or a lumber yard on the left.

But... I'm open for any suggestions, so what would you do in this area?.

Jesper

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

What are the 2 blue lines under the #4 (running side by side right to left)???
  3. jkristia

jkristia Member

Sorry about that. That's the view block. I have this couple of weeks old picture which kind of gives an overview of the area.

some more pictures here

Jesper

Attached Files:

4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I'd put in a citrus packing facility, and hide a can of orange scent room freshener inside, then see if any visitors notice and wonder if you are able to actually grow ho scale oranges!
  5. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Jasper,

Are thos hand laid sleepers (Ties, as you might call them) you've laid on the roadbed? :eek:
  6. jkristia

jkristia Member

Woodie, yep, that's hand laid code 40 track. I'm actually really pleased with the result.
    Here is a picture that shows the entire area. I am planning un cutting the backdrop to open up so the main street can go under the tracks instead of having the tracks going through a tunnel at this point.

Jesper

Attached Files:

7. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

8. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Jasper,

Well you're a better man than I'll ever be. :eek: And the turnouts? Handlaid???

I'd be certifiable in the looney bin after 10 minutes of attempting handlaid track!! :rolleyes:

I'd end up calling it the "Marylin Monroe Line". All curvey with wobbly bits! :):):p
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Holy Shlamoley.

:eek: :eek: That is some seriously beautiful trackwork!!:eek: :eek:
  10. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Clowny thoughts

If it was me, I would want to add a water way of some sort. A dock side can be a place for serious action. Also gives you the chance to model a ship of some sort. A freight transfer station makes an interesting scene. That's what I'm putting on my layout.