Oops

Just got through wiring the track and the switches. I ran one of my engines around the track to test the switches but when I ran it in reverse. The snow plow hit the snapswitch and came to sudden stop. I laid the two turn outs to close to the radius and it doesnt give the engine time to straighten out. I could have sworn I checked this before I glued the track down but I guess I didn't...

850.gif

is your locomotive catching on the switch machine itself? if so there is a piece that comes in the package with the turnout and it moves the control over a little to avoid this, will save you having to cut it and solder

stuart_canada said:
is your locomotive catching on the switch machine itself? if so there is a piece that comes in the package with the turnout and it moves the control over a little to avoid this, will save you having to cut it and solder

Now that I read the fine print. Unfortunatley, Atlas failed to include the nuts in all of the packages of Snap Switches that I bought.

you can get replacement screws at a local hardware store, they not anything special, take the switch machine into the store and get replacement screws a few cents a piece is my guess

Russ Bellinis

stuart_canada said:
you can get replacement screws at a local hardware store, they not anything special, take the switch machine into the store and get replacement screws a few cents a piece is my guess

The screws may be smaller than the hardware store stocks, but any hobby shop should also stock small hardware. Generally hardware stores don't stock anything smaller than a #4-40 size screw, but a hobby shop would stock #2-56, #1-72, & #0-92. I'm not sure which size the screws are for the Atlas switch machine, but it shouldn't be too difficult to match them up.

I emailed someone at Atlas. They said they would send some extension nuts out and look into it in the mean time. That's more than I expected them to do...

YmeBP

Russ Bellinis said:
The screws may be smaller than the hardware store stocks, but any hobby shop should also stock small hardware. Generally hardware stores don't stock anything smaller than a #4-40 size screw, but a hobby shop would stock #2-56, #1-72, & #0-92. I'm not sure which size the screws are for the Atlas switch machine, but it shouldn't be too difficult to match them up.
They aren't 2-56 i've tried those not sure about 1-72's though.

I'll email them too :) dunno why i didn't think to do that ahhaahah