Oops

Quick, does Life-Like sell replacement horns for their locomotives? P1K F-M Erie Built #6001-A was involved in a collision several days ago that broke the horn off the top. It fell to the floor, disappeared into the carpet and I can't for the life of me find the durn thing. :curse: Not only does it not look right, but our fictional road has lots of grade crossings protected only by crossbuck, so no horn/whistle=no go for any locomotive.:(

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Might want to check the Walthers site. They own Life Like now. They might have the replacements part you need.
Or you could check one of the "Super" detail parts companies, such as Details West or Detail Asscociates.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
yeah, it might be faster and better to just get a replace ment part, made of brass or something off walthers. In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to find other details for it as well, and see if you can't super detail it.

for now i guess you'll have to relegate it to the RIP track, lol.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
nylon NYLON !!??
glad to see someone that thinks in the same timetfame.I get a kick outa the looks I get when I ask for a quart of oil

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
Companies like Details West and Hi Tech sell finer detailed horns to replace the ones you get on "out of the box" models. Walthers are a bit expensive - try discounttrainsonline.com, they're pretty cheap and they sell practically every detail part known to man.

Dick Elmore

Aug 22, 2003
Central Illinois
Visit site
:thumb: Andy, If you have no luck, let me know. I have a pair of ATSF Erie builts that I'll be removing the horns from eventually because the ones that came on the models are different than the ones on the SF prototype.

Dick
Texas Chief