ooops

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I put this photo here 'cause the truch has a scratch built body, BUT I kindd got too much stuff/didn't zoom in on the truck.
ANYWAY, out of the box it had aplastic stack of boxes on a flat deck that I hacked off and built this lovely (if you could see it) slab box.Up untill just a few years ago lots of people burned slabwood in their kitchen stoves.
Probably when I get the mill finished it will make more sence

Attachments

• 2006_0922Layout0003.JPG
    2006_0922Layout0003.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 233

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
A nice picture, nevertheless, and the truck makes perfect sense to me. What model truck did you start out with? It looks like it might also be suitable for my era. I also like the whole scene, particularily the position of the road in relation to the tracks, and the trains aren't too shabby, either.:thumb:

Wayne

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
doctorwayne said:
A nice picture, nevertheless, and the truck makes perfect sense to me. What model truck did you start out with? It looks like it might also be suitable for my era. I also like the whole scene, particularily the position of the road in relation to the tracks, and the trains aren't too shabby, either.:thumb:

Wayne

The truck looks like a mid fifties Ford.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
thanks Wayne, I respect your opinion.
The truck, to the best of my knowlage(and I should know, I drove enough of them but the remembry ain't what it was)is a 49/50 ford.I have no idea who made the model but it looks pretty good and I think it was about three bucks at a show. I got two of them one has a van style box with Texaco logos(I have a Texaco station) the other ,the one in the photo had a pile of plastic boxes that looked pretty cheap but I needed the truck for an old sawmill I've been working on.
I removed the stock body and built the one (poorly)shown with popsicle sticks and paneling that has been soaked to separate the layers,the tailgate release is a piece of rabbit wire ,the mud flaps are dryer sheet painted black.The load is some kind of small bush cut split and glued to a chunk of styrofoam(to minamize the amount of cutting and splitting,it's hard on the fingers)

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Relic said:
thanks Wayne, I respect your opinion.
The truck, to the best of my knowlage(and I should know, I drove enough of them but the remembry ain't what it was)is a 49/50 ford.I have no idea who made the model but it looks pretty good and I think it was about three bucks at a show. I got two of them one has a van style box with Texaco logos(I have a Texaco station) the other ,the one in the photo had a pile of plastic boxes that looked pretty cheap but I needed the truck for an old sawmill I've been working on.
I removed the stock body and built the one (poorly)shown with popsicle sticks and paneling that has been soaked to separate the layers,the tailgate release is a piece of rabbit wire ,the mud flaps are dryer sheet painted black.The load is some kind of small bush cut split and glued to a chunk of styrofoam(to minamize the amount of cutting and splitting,it's hard on the fingers)

Are you sure it's 49/50 Ford? It looks like the Mini Metals 1956 Ford truck model.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Russ
No I'm not ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that it's a 49/50 but I am that sure it's not a 56. If you could see the front that'd settle it.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Sometimes it seems that I'll never get th' hang of this computer stuff ,other than just using it as a typwriter, but here goes my 5th attempt to load these photo's

Attachments

• slabtruck.JPG
    slabtruck.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 139
  • slabtruck 2.JPG
    slabtruck 2.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 142

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Josh, I believe that's a load of slabwood, good for burning in fireplaces and woodstoves, although nowadays, it's just as likely to end up as a piece of MDF or OSB.:rolleyes:
'nother nice picture, Relic.:thumb:

Wayne