Online gold Mines of resources!!

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Published by the US Army since 1951, these preventative maintenance comics are drawn by Corporal Will Eisner, an established comic-book writer-artist-editor. There are some great stories as well as b/w photos showing detail views for preventative maintenance!

http://psmag.radionerds.com/index.php/Main_Page

ps-magazine-163-cover.jpg Enjoy!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This looks interesting! Thank you very much for sharing this with us! I will (more than likely) be downloading this.
I have made this a "STICKY"!

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
UP...Date.... The Imperial War Museum has opened an online archive of American Aircraft in RAF Service !!!
1939-1945

North American, Douglas, Curtis, Lockheed.....!!!!! so much to find here!!!

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=AMERICAN AIRCRAFT IN RAF SERVICE

Images are free to use for non-commercial purposes...I.W.M. Licence

Tomahawk Mark IIB, AK184, at Hamble, Hampshire
large_000000.jpg
© IWM (ATP 10993C)

Tomahawk Mark IIB, AK184: cockpit interior, port side
large_interior.jpg
© IWM (ATP 10993F)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing like pictures for guidance. That side one, along with some other views could be used to make a model!! :)

OldMiner

Thanks for the link! It is a shame that the Preventive Maintenance part does not have a search that works, but I am downloading the index now. Maybe that WILL work.

OldMiner

I am not sure why the search does not turn up words that are in the descriptions, but the index does not work either. It is made up of images, not text. But, it can be read. It might take a while to find a specific item, but it all appears to be in there.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
One of my favorite planes of WWII, the Walrus. The pilots of these aircraft saved so many people. This one looks like it has degausing equipment as not to trip magnetic mines, I could be wrong. ;)

I just typed Walrus in the search bar and came up with a sh*t load of pictures?

Walrus.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
They are selling pictures that you can grab with the PRT/SCN function, which I import into XNView, and copy the clip[board and save. I do not consider this thef. They could disable this feature, and I gather the copy you would get if purchased is much bigger and of a higher resolution, it is Black and White, after all. ;)

Nice Havoc shot:

Havoc.jpg