Online buying

pupparo

Am I the only one who has problems with internet sellers not answering thier Email?
I wrote to several places requesting infromation about products and can not get a responce.
Do you find this to be true?
I bet that you (if you own you business) or your boss answers the phone when it rings so why not answer Emails?
There I feel better.
pupparo1@msn.com

SD90

Just use the toll free number, make them pay for the call! Forget about email, I bet they will answer the phone!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I have had good experiences getting information about products and ordering on-line. I guess I have just been lucky. My only objection to on-line ordering is the cost of freight and handling that gets added.

MCL_RDG

On-line buying...

...is just what it is!

BUY!

You have questions, get 'em answered before you buy. If you have "concerns" about who you're buying from- check out their "Policy" Statement.

I think the advantage of the Net is to satisfy urges, not to be begged with traffic of uninitiated consumers who are disillusioned because they haven't done their homework (call it talking with friends).

What is your specific complaint? Is it a major company that you sent a note to and they have 2 people that answer e-mail and have to answer 200-300 inquiries a day, or is it a one man operation that is trying to keep uP with the same questions?

What is your particular question that you need answered?

In other words- e-mail, schmeeemail- get real. I don't mean that to sound rude pupparo but when ya think about tit you made a broad brush stroke and painted a bad picture for no reason that I can discern.

Mark :D

shaygetz

Having worked retail in the past, I can tell you that there are two things retailers look for in mail;

---The appearance of a knowledgable and appreciative customer. Very few are set up to give tutorials and product critiques. Appear knowledgable and they'll be happy to fill in the blanks.

---The increased possibility of a potential sale. They want to believe that effort expended will be profitable. Any sense that they are being used to solidify a sale for another retailer means your mail will be shelved.

Whiners, complainers, brain drainers and repeat mailers with no sales results are what DELETE buttons are made for and they will use them.

Blake

I have e-mailed companies such as Atlas, Con-cor, N Scale Supply and others. I have always gotten responses within a day or two. Maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

Tileguy

The only problems i have encountered is with smaller suppliers.Sometimes thier online ordering page just doesnt work.Then it time to get on the phone.Yesterday it was realistic backdrops that didnt work.called them,placed my order and they even gave me a little break for bringing it to thier attention.for those interested,0 13x38" backdrops,1 can of spray adhesive and a signs pak with shipping and handling was about 115.00.
Inexpensive as backdrops go.i'll tell you about quality in a few days ;)

jon-monon

Originally posted by Clerk
Could be they think by shoving the E Mails aside they will dissappear.

They will dissappear, along with the customer. :D :D :D

I don't buy from companies that are not responsive. Most are. A traditional company that has a website on-line, often a cludge, may not be setup to answer e-mails efficiently. They will be the first to tell you that on the phone. I *think* it was MDC that told me not to bother e-mailing tech support. The e-mails get printed out and at the end of the day they go to the shop. When the techs get some extrat time, they scribble the answers in and it goes back to sales. When sales gets some extra time, they punch it into e-mail. So in a week or two you got an answer! Just call and talk to the guy in the shop. Unimmaginable to avoid the efficiency of e-mail, but they don't want the tech's playin' with computers all day. An on-line only company I darned well expect answers to my e-mail, especially if there is no phone to call in!

rcwatkins

I had a problem one time with Atlas when modeling Horribly Oversized because half the track was missing in a track pack. The resonse I got was, oh I'm sorry you'r just outta luck! :( :mad: