Onieda Derailment Pictures

Dan85

Last spring (IIRC) a CSX train derailed in Oneida, New York. I was traveling through the area at the time and snagged a few pictures. Winters Rigging was on hand to straighten things up.

Picture585crop.jpg

Picture082crop.jpg

Picture042crop.jpg

Picture037crop.jpg

group5a.jpg

- Dan

Thanks for sharing Dan but to me and the wife and her family its still seems all so real still. At the time of the derailment we were just getting ready for bed when i heard a sound that sounded like a blow torch. I looked out the bedroom window and my jaw dropped. We jumped in the van and took a ride to see what it was and come to find out it happend about 3-400 yards away from her parents house. Her bro said he stepped outside and it felt like a sana. WOW:eek:

Dan85

Thanks for sharing Dan but to me and the wife and her family its still seems all so real still. At the time of the derailment we were just getting ready for bed when i heard a sound that sounded like a blow torch. I looked out the bedroom window and my jaw dropped. We jumped in the van and took a ride to see what it was and come to find out it happend about 3-400 yards away from her parents house. Her bro said he stepped outside and it felt like a sana. WOW:eek:

That's quite an experience - I can't even being to imagine how startled I'd be! By the way, nice to see another central NYer, I'm originally from Rome :wave: