one for ralph

cn nutbar

hello all---in a past thread regarding Doctor Wayne's layout,i remember ralph made a comment on the bridge scene over the speed river---so ralph,here's a shot you might like

5303w086.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
bridges crossing each other always look cool :thumb: great shot nutbar,and still awesome layout doc.but i've always had one thing that bugged me...what are those red barrels on bridges for?!?! i never did figure that out!--josh

chessie4155

BigSteel, I think the barrels are full of sand or water in case of fire. I could be wrong about that though, but I think thats what they are for.

doctorwayne

Yeah, sand or water in case of fire, although my steamers don't drop much in the way of hot coals, nor do they produce a lot of sparks, even going up the grade here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Yeah, sand or water in case of fire, although my steamers don't drop much in the way of hot coals, nor do they produce a lot of sparks, even going up the grade here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wayne

There's always a hotbox to set the fire instead...! ;) :D

Andrew

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
you say your steamers dont cause much fire,but i think your lack of trees and desert terrain says something different :D --josh

doctorwayne

Actually, it's been a very dry for the past few years: as you can see, even the Speed River itself is experiencing very low water levels. :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_5755.jpg

If I can wrap-up some other projects, I may try to finish this scene this coming Fall, or there may be some other plans...

Wayne

cn nutbar

hi everyone---thanks for the responses---those red barrels are a common feature on Doctor Wayne's bridge scenes---here's cnr j-7-c #5303 crossing the maitland river

5303w084.jpg

5303w044.jpg

for all Doctor Wayne's fans,i'm adding a few more pictures of #5303 on her premier revenue run---what a setting for this memorable occasion---thanks again Doc

5303w049.jpg

5303w051.jpg

5303w127.jpg

5303w122.jpg

5303w042.jpg

5303w034.jpg