"Once upon a Train"

ezdays

Out AZ way
... all their problems disappeared.... along with a bunch of other stuff. It seems as if the bottle contained a chemical compound that when mixed with water becomes as unstable as nitroglycerine.

As the boys floated through the air, they looked down. "Hey Moe, there's the train back there, we're traveling faster than they are, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk."

"Hey, don't look down, look ahead", said Moe, "ya dunderhead, now look wot ya went an done, watch out for that big mountain there".

"Yowieeeee", said Curley", "hey, we still have this here udder bottle wid the blue powder in it and the label says dat if we add some water....

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
. It'll become rubber!! If we only had some more water we could make a rubber mat for us to land on!!

Moe said" Well you're about to find out! _ we're heading for that lake over there...

Yaaaaaaa!!!! They splashed down with a Huge SPLOOSH!! and then.. the water found it's way into the bottle..............................

ezdays

Out AZ way
KABOOOOOMMMM!!!!!, and sure 'nfff, the boys bounced out of the water with twice the force as the rubber expanded into a big baloon and carried them back where they just came from.

Hey Moe, ain't that the train we was following back there?

"Nucklehead, cantcha see I'm thinkin"? Said Moe, as they slowly drifted over the engine smokestack. "According to my calculations we should be right over Miami", as they got closer and closer to the smokestack, which incidentally was rounding the bend towards
Albuquerque. Just as they reached the stack....

Pitchwife

Dreamer
...the engineer pulled the whistle cord. The piercing scream of the whistle scared the boys so bad that they jumped right out off their skins, which settled on the hot boiler just as the boys were once again headed skywards. As they disappeared into the sky you could just hear their classic argument, "Now look what you done." "Why, I otta." "Hey Moe, I feel a draft."

Now we all know that you can't keep the boys down (or up) for very long, and before long...

ezdays

Out AZ way
...marshmellows, which when compressed by the force of them hitting the car, propelled them back with the same amount of force. They were doing about 150 about the time they were over Amarillo and figured they'd reach the Alamo about 12:15, just in time for lunch. Knowing that they got the train back on the tracks and that it would be just about then that the train would be there, they would be able to partake of yet another of Emeril's sumptuous meals. Nothing could stop them now.... or could it, because at just about 12:10 there was going to be a...

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
..............street parade, and the whole town took part in it, the parade went past Emeril's place coming towards them. This procession lead them straight into......

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
....the chocolate factory where willy accidently knocked them into the river of chocolate where they fight for there lives not to get turned into....

P.S theres enough material here to make a huge book!...we should do it!:)

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
...............Easter Bunnies. After been washed down the river they eventually came to an area in the factory where the river ends. After climbing out with the help of Willie they saw a complete railway made from chocolate, which shipped marshmellows (This is a second shipment to the earlier mensioned railroad, since news came to the factory that three strange men had squished the first lot). They climbed aboard the loco which puffed out candy floss from the smoke stack and sprayed Coca-Cola from the cylinders and went on their merry way only to find...........................

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
....it was 90 degrees outside and the rails had melted!leaving the men with only one way back and it was by....

Pitchwife

Dreamer
hoofing it down a dusty road. Now it wasn't long before they heard music off in the distance. "Somebody's got their radioed turned up real loud." said Curly. "Maybe we can get a ride with them."
As the music got louder Mo said, "Hey, wait a minute. That ain't no radio. It's, it's...it's the Boston Symphony!"
Yes, friends and neighbors, the Boston Symphony that had gotten lost about three pages back had turned around and were making good time playing John Philip Sousa marches. The boys got caught up in the catchy tune and fell into step with them and before long had caught up with the rest of our story, namely the wayward locomotive which was...

ezdays

Out AZ way
.... remembered what that did back there on page 47 (or was that page 38?), but now they had to board the train to find the baggage car, to get the tools, to start to work, to find where the problem was, so they could fix it....just like they fix everything else.:rolleyes: On the way to the engine, they had to pass through the dining car, which was a biggggg mistake since Emril was womping up a batch of his favorite Cajun dish, red beans and rice. "Heyyyy", says Curly, "I know just wot dis engine needs, more gas. All we need to do is eat these here beans and before youz knows it.....

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
....we'll be singing: Beans, beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot!
Just then Mo said to curly...........

CNWman

CNW Fan
"I don't think that it needs THAT kind of fuel, you twit! Although, I am getting pretty hungry, but for some reason I want the Santa Fe Super Chief's signiture french toast, not Cajun dishes" Then all of a sudden, the coupler conected to the front of the train on the dining car broke, which...

(I saw a special on the Super Chief, and I couldn't resist:D )

ESE999

The cliff was still four miles away, so there was enough time to apply the breaks and pull into a siding that came to...

ezdays

Out AZ way
.......Toontown........ Yes folks, we're back in Toontown, the place where anything can happen and usually does. From this point on ya gotta be careful. In the meantime, Emril was busy in the dining car cooking up a bunch of crawfish that he got out of the stream that went next to the tracks they were stopped on. Little did he know that...

ezdays

Out AZ way
...when he asked The Stooges to get some firewood to cook with, they were getting it all out of the tender. It wasn't too long before the fireman realized that there wasn't enough fuel to get them to the next town, which was....

Side note: Yeah, I bumped this thread just in case there was still some interest in it. It was a lot of fun when it was going strong. Maybe it's seen it's time, maybe not :cry:... For those of you not familiar with this story, it's simple. Just pick up where the last post left off and make up the next event and leave it so the next person can continue the story. It all takes place on a train. We have taken you through many harrowing and funny adventures and met many familiar and strange people along the way. We have visited the entire North American continent in doing so. Come along, join the fun...

CNWman

CNW Fan
...when he asked The Stooges to get some firewood to cook with, they were getting it all out of the tender. It wasn't too long before the fireman realized that there wasn't enough fuel to get them to the next town, which was....
...up on top of a REALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY steep mountain, and to get there you needed to go through some tunnel (can't remember the name) which was so long, it caused the SP to create the famous 4-8-8-2 Cab-Foward articulateds. The fireman alerted The Stooges about the problem, and in thinking of a 'short term' soultion to buy time, The Stooges promptly threw their shoes into the engine, which caused...